I was high.

4614025124_ba688c5474_o.jpg

Gun photo Bitter! I love the lighting of the streets.. gives off a tranquil effect. :thumbup:
What settings were used for this shot? :sillysmi:

Great shots Love the first one. How do you like the 90mm TS it seems that it would not be wide enough but the images look great. Why did you chose the 90 over the 45? Just curious!

Great shots Love the first one. How do you like the 90mm TS it seems that it would not be wide enough but the images look great. Why did you chose the 90 over the 45? Just curious!

I think I can answer for him if I dare.. it's a full frame camera he's using it on and it was primarily purchased for taking close-ups of jewelry.

Bitter's probably reading my post and making this face :er:

The closest focus distance is 1.6ft , It doesnt say on Canons website if its 1:1 or 2:1 or what. Would a real macro lens not be beter?

The closest focus distance is 1.6ft , It doesnt say on Canons website if its 1:1 or 2:1 or what. Would a real macro lens not be beter?

I recall him saying he has a macro lens but wasn't getting the depth of field he wanted with it, so tried the tilt-shift.

Maybe I lurk too much..

Interesting! I guess I didnt know how the tilt shift would help with that? I thought the tilt shift just straightened up the lines?:confused:

Rez...:er:

:lmao:

I forget that Flickr strips the Exif info. Only that one image was taken with the tilt-shift lens. The rest were with the fantastic Tamron 28-75mm 2.8.

Reznap answered correctly. My 100mm Macro lens is great, but I wanted more control over the DoF. Now that I am playing with the TS 90mm, I would love to have the wider angle TS, but really can't justify that cost.

How do I like the TS 90mm. I am enjoying it. There is actually quite a bit of learning curve with it, when using it correctly, not for the miniature effect. It's very hard to set the tilt/focal plane right where you want it, and you have to use DoF preview to focus, and the LCD to check it. It's rather frustrating. When you get it right, it is worth the fussing.

Thanks Noonz, the settings were:
Exp: 8, f/5.6, ISO 100, @28mm.

Hardrock, Shift is for perspective correction, Tilt is for changing the angle of the focal plane.

Rez...:er:

:lmao:

I forget that Flickr strips the Exif info. Only that one image was taken with the tilt-shift lens. The rest were with the fantastic Tamron 28-75mm 2.8.

Reznap answered correctly. My 100mm Macro lens is great, but I wanted more control over the DoF. Now that I am playing with the TS 90mm, I would love to have the wider angle TS, but really can't justify that cost.

How do I like the TS 90mm. I am enjoying it. There is actually quite a bit of learning curve with it, when using it correctly, not for the miniature effect. It's very hard to set the tilt/focal plane right where you want it, and you have to use DoF preview to focus, and the LCD to check it. It's rather frustrating. When you get it right, it is worth the fussing.

Thanks Noonz, the settings were:
Exp: 8, f/5.6, ISO 100, @28mm.

Hardrock, Shift is for perspective correction, Tilt is for changing the angle of the focal plane.

Thanks for the info. Ive been wanting to play with one of those lens but havent gotten around to it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back