I was hoping this would be the right place to ask this...

StealEverySecond

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Well to make a long story short, a friend and I am going to a concert of an artist we are very big fans of, and we've been hoping to get a picture with him for a very long time, and after 2 failed attempts, we found a girl nice enough to offer us backstage passes so we can meet him. We're both paranoid about the pictures coming out bad, and my dad does have a big fancy professional camera, but since the venue doesn't allow cameras, we're both going to have to try our best to sneak our digitals in. Does anyone have any tips on how to make sure pictures come out good using a digital camera?

How much time do u have? Usually it takes about 4 months for an average person to start getting good pictures consistently.

The way I felt when I initially read this question was: Just take some pictures. Put in auto mode and fire away. I don't know if you're looking for a picture that you're going to frame in your shrine to this famous person or not but a snapshot will probably suffice. Keep in mind that you will always have the memories associated with this encounter and that will mean more than any picture you could ever take. I'm going to post some snapshots I took a couple of days ago in the snapshot forum of a sunrise I see every morning on my way to work. I could easily start the commute early and stop the truck, pull out all the equipment and set up for a very nice shot or seventeen and shoot away. I don't because it's something that's special to me and I'll always have the memories and the snapshots I show to everyone else should suffice because it shows the intent but could never capture the moment.

I have no opinion to offer but i am interested in who this famous person is!

Seems to be being kept secret as if it would be embarassing for people to know you like them.

I must know. Please tell me!

Get a bit of elevation as this is usually more flattering, hold your hands STEADY, depress the shutter GENTLY and relax. Try some practise shots in your local pub on a rowdy friday night to get the hang of a difficult environment!

Rob

Most reactions

Back