I was just accepted....

Lacey Anne

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.laceyanne.photoreflect.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
...by Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep. I'm glad and nervous. We lost our first child and I really want to be able to do for others what there was no one there to do for me. I wish there had been someone who would have taken photos of our son. All I have is memories in my head. Does anyone else here do this program? I have a friend in WI who does and that's how I found out about them. Anyway, I just wanted to share because I'm excited.:blushing:

Please explain . i have not heard of this

Please explain . i have not heard of this
When a family loses a child, a photographer with this organization goes out to the hospital and photographs the child for the parents. It is all done free of cost so the parents can have memories of the child they lost. I'll get a link to a news story on it, hold on just a second.

The local news here in Denver did a story on Maddux. Truly touching.

Good luck! :)

How sweet, I too lost a baby, but well I don't know if I could handle having photos of her. I will definately check out the organization. I live just minutes from Children's Hospital and my Mom and Sister both work(worked) in the NICU, at another hospital.

Where does your friend in Wisconsin live? I see the article is from the Milwaukee journal/sentinel.

God Bless you, for you are a stronger person than I.

After reading the website, I am in awe of any photographer who could handle this emotional task.

How sweet, I too lost a baby, but well I don't know if I could handle having photos of her. I will definately check out the organization. I live just minutes from Children's Hospital and my Mom and Sister both work(worked) in the NICU, at another hospital.

Where does your friend in Wisconsin live? I see the article is from the Milwaukee journal/sentinel.
The Sara in the article is actually my friend. :)

I wish I were rich and didnt have to work..

I would love to do this all day long. seriously.

For these things do you need to have an actual business? I would like to some day but I really dont want to deal with having a business (although my husband would love it if I started making money to pay for my obsession)

How wonderful that you were accepted! It's a good thing you're doing, and sure to bring you a high level of satisfaction.

For these things do you need to have an actual business? I would like to some day but I really dont want to deal with having a business (although my husband would love it if I started making money to pay for my obsession)
No you don't have to have a business. You just have to have samples of your work, either on a website or that you can email to them. I think you'd do great, Emerana.

you are too kind :) still feel like i suck 99% of the time

Most reactions

Back