I was just given a Nikon N65

artreuo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was at my friends house, talking about how I wanted a good camera. He was saying how his mom had one. I'm thinking to myself, "ha, it's just some P&S". Well, he went in the attic and got it, I noticed it was an SLR, I looked, Nikon N65. I was like, ****, I'm going to buy it.

Well, I asked his mom about it, she was like, "Yeah, I used it in college, haven't touched it in years." So I asked how much for it, and then she just said I could have it.

Stoked. Came with a Nikon AF Nikkor 28-80mm f/3.5. It had no lens cap, so the lens and camera were covered with this nasty funky dust. But I got that **** all cleaned up. It is looking pretty good now. I'm going to pick up some film soon, and hopefully post some shots by the end of next week.

The N65 is a great camera you will enjoy using it! I know because I have one myself. If you need a manual you can find one here: www.butkus.org
It's listed as the F65 which is the same camera. The F65 is the designation for the camera outside of North America. Everything is the same.

I used an N75 for a while and it is a capable little camera. I love the way it fit in my hand (compared to the DSLR I own and others I have used, which feel large and clunky), and it has all the essential shooting modes to learn with. Now get yourself a fast 50mm lens and experience the perfection that is 50mm on 35mm!

Also, are you developing your own film or taking it to the drugstore? I didn't really enjoy shooting 35mm until I loaded up some Tri-X and started developing it in my sink. The whole setup with 20 rolls of film cost me less than $80, and it can be done for even less.

thats sick dude. are you on skateperception too, cause im pretty sure i saw this same post on there.

great score!

i used a N60 right up until i bought my D40 in may. (N60 is basically the same thing i think, just lacks the quartz date)

good camera, and can take PLENTY of old lenses cheap.

get out there and shoot!:mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back