I was just given all of this....for free

Aww... An F5!!! That camera is soooo obsolete that I'll help you get rid of it by sending it to me (I pay shipping).:p

Lucky son of a gun!!!

Congrats!

Tell you what: You can keep the F5. Just send me some of the film! ;-)

May I ask how you came about this relatively good deal?

Sweet!!! The camera score alone is enough to do a happy dance over - a classic! :boogie:

Great cache of film - get out there and shoot. :D

Congrats!

well...
my girlfriend's mom shoots catalogue. she has 3 F5's so she gave one to me with a 50mm prime out of the blue. she uses her D3 and pentax 6x7 and has no need for 35mm film SLRs. she then handed me a trash bag filled with film from her fridge (the film she gave me did not even make a dent in her stash). i am really excited to shoot the polopan, the agfapan 25, and the kodachrome 25 (no i am not selling it...)
i am going to have quite a lab bill this summer... especially with all that provia

frequent traveler: i have that minolta srT-102 in your photo, and i think i will have to shoot the kodachrome in it-- it would only be right to do so

I had a sneaking suspicion that the person who gave you this was the person with the Nikon 8000. Now you need to persuade her that she absolutely must have a Kodak/Creo iQsmart2 or an Imacon X5 instead of that old Nikon 8000 scanner.

It's good to hear that girlfriend's mothers can be some benefit, especially when they are professional photographers.

Best,
Helen

Holy Moocow! I don't shoot much film, but with that, you'll be set for a while!

So many different kinds, too! I mean, I wouldn't even know where to start! Maybe you can find out what types of film work best for what sorts of photography, and go from there.

BTW, I've heard many say the F5 is the greatest film camera ever made. People can disagree with me, but I've heard others say that. I'd say you are high on the hog for the next year or so. If I were you I'd open up a roll of that Provia 100F, and start shooting!

Fantastic; you must have been absolutely over the moon!
BTW my rates for the ethical disposing of obsolescent cameras are now at rock bottom...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back