I Was Offered 645 and RB67

myfotoguy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, I’m starting to research Mamiya and wasn’t sure where to start. A family member has passed and I am being offered any of the old (I’m guessing 15-20 years, not sure) camera gear. It has to be boxed and shipped across the country so I can’t really go and look so I am not exactly sure what is there yet.

I am interested in collecting, but maybe pick up some film and give it a shot.

Any idea what I should ask to see if it's there? I highly doubt any digital backs or anything, This is what I was told so far (not sure exact model):
Mamiya 645
Mamiya RB67

If they are not familiar with medium format camera's ... I am not sure what you could ask them, other than lenses.

It probably is easier if they took a picture.

Yeah, they do digital backs for these cameras: CLICKY

Or you could just load them up and shoot film, then scan. Cheaper...

Yeah, I am going to say "yes, thank you" and receive the Mamiya's I mentineod and accessories. This should be an enjoyable adventure.

:) Let us know what you get. I'm sure that you'll grow more fond of you relative every time you use the gear.

Thanks, Mike. I received a DVD with some video clips (small, can't make out detail). But...

As mentioned a 645 and RB67. There are a few lenses and backs. From what I have learned so far the interchangeable backs came about when the 645 Super came out (is that right?). I think one is a Polaroid back plus a couple others and various attachments. So I'm guessing it's a 645 Super, Pro or TTL. It looks like the attachment that is mounted on it in the video has a flash shoe on top middle of the camera.

I'll post when I get the gear, probably over in the medium format area (?)

I don't think I mentioned, I am also getting a Pentax collection (6 SLR's) and a 6x7, and a couple Canon SLR's, a couple Rolleiflex, plus a bunch of lenes for this gear and other accessories.

:) Get ready for a fun ride!
Indeed!

Most reactions

Back