I was sleeping...

doenoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.daanschouwe.nl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...and then a thunderstorm past..........and i was still sleeping. When it was almost over i finally woke up. After that i started thinking and the the quarter fell: lightning....photography!!! So i missed the biggest part of the storm, but i still got some shots thought. But still being half asleep, i forget to change the aperture and shot with F3.5. Which isnt a good thing. Too much light of the lightning can hit the sensor and so i had some blown out parts. Ah well, cant win em all and i finally had some lightning shots again after waiting a year :)
Here they are:
Bliksem006.jpg

Bliksem007.jpg

Bliksem008.jpg

Bliksem009.jpg

#5 (example of blown out lightning, but i liked the clouds in this one)
Bliksem010.jpg

Bliksem011.jpg

Bliksem012.jpg

Thanks for looking
Greetz Daan

I also love the clouds in number 5
and number 7 is also a great shot
go Daan go Daan go Daan

I like your shots too. Storms can bring on many interesting opportunities. I was in my car at a gas station yesterday when just one black cloud brought down some heavy hail....within minutes it cleared up and a rainbow came out. I didn't have my camera with me :( so I took a pic with my camera phone but that just isn't the same!!!

Can't wait till it storms here so I can give it a try!! Good shots..Love number 7.

Wow. Daan. GOOD!

My only EVER attempts at shooting lighting have come out like (or let's say: much worse than) your Photo 5 here ...

Therefore :hail: !!! :D

Great series. I actually like no 5 for its apocalyptic vision.

thank you all very much for your kind comments. I really apreciate it :D
And shooting lightning isnt really that hard. You just set your camera too bulb and wait for some lightning.....and then close the shutter again. Or leave it open and try to get multiple strikes in one pic (havent got that yet though)
Thanks again y'all :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back