I Was Told This Has Potential ?

karmamusic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So I went hiking with my friends and dog yesterday and we had a ton of amazing pictures.

The main picture I am referencing in the title is the 2nd picture. I also didn't know what sub forum this belonged to, so move accordingly :)

I was showing them to my friends when I was at their house and another friend who wasnt there said this photo has a lot of potential... I dont know what to do with it though hahah

The second picture, I just liked the other two also .. but the other one won't upload.

These are all toned down size-wise ofcourse

$IMG_5643.JPG$IMG_5615.JPG

EDITED VERSION OF #1
View attachment 53599

Last edited:
Welcome to TPF, karmamusic, and I'm happy you are posting your work.

Of the two that you were able to post, I think the second one is the stronger image. Nice silhouette, dramatic sky. The power lines are distracting for me, however.

The first image does very little for me, frankly. The sun is so large and bright it's painful to look at. The power lines aren't as visible, but still show up in the frame. I think you are onto a good idea, and with some forethought into composition (ie, the power lines) you could definitely end up with something very good. It looks like you have a beautiful area to hike through nearby, so you can keep at it. :)

Welcome to TPF, karmamusic, and I'm happy you are posting your work.

Of the two that you were able to post, I think the second one is the stronger image. Nice silhouette, dramatic sky. The power lines are distracting for me, however.

The first image does very little for me, frankly. The sun is so large and bright it's painful to look at. The power lines aren't as visible, but still show up in the frame. I think you are onto a good idea, and with some forethought into composition (ie, the power lines) you could definitely end up with something very good. It looks like you have a beautiful area to hike through nearby, so you can keep at it. :)

Yes I have tons of pictures that are incredible, just too many to choose from and pick ones to edit or not edit at all as well. The Second one was the one I meant about potential, not the first.. I just liked the first even though the focus is off and no sillouete.

I did notice when I was done with this the clouds on the right were a bit .. off looking $metimF2.jpg

Not a bad photo, but the powerlines need to be edited out if possible. The centered horizon as well as the horizon going through the guy's body is also a flaw in my opinion.

I like number 2 a lot, I dont think you really need to do anything to it, but the edit you did on the 1st one ruins it in my opinion. I think pulling the sillouettes farther into the foreground makes it look too fake, I also think the sun is dimmed too much.

I like the portrait shot, maybe if you had positioned the camera lower to the ground it would have blocked more of the direct sun and given a better halo around the guys body.

My first reaction in response to your opening title..."They Lied!" However, a dink here, crop there, color adjustment somewhere and some sharpening, and other tomfoolery, I agree there is potential...

I did not look close enough to notice you had not posted editing allowed or not and edited your image. I removed it but will repost with your explicit permission. My apologies.

Last edited:
this. work on the sky and I think you really have something.

and remove the power lines. I wouldn't waste time on #1; imho, it's nothing great. #2 is where the party is at.

Most reactions

Back