I WON my first Photo Contest!!!! Yippiee

johng426

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.blindeyemagi.com
A local paper was having a photo contest and I submitted a few pics. This is the one they choose as the winner. They were looking for pictures that portrayed something from the county and I snapped this picture of my son at my nephews ball game.

For winning I (or I should say my son) will receive $100 dollars and have our picture featured in the calander they are printing next year.

I know its nothing major, but for a newbie, it sure is exciting.

John Gilmore

Thanks Jon,

I absolutely love this sight and the feedback and inspiration I get from seeing great photographers like yourself. There is nothing like the feeling you get when you see your pictures transform from just ordinary snapshot to works of art.

I never realized how difficult it was before, I thought anyone could just point a camera and take an masterpiece photo the first time (although some of you guys & gals sure make it look that way).

John Gilmore

Congrats on the win. The very first impression I see in this is anticipation. He's got his hat in his hand as if awaiting one of two things... to throw down in disgust or up in hand to cheer. Sure, those probably wouldn't happen from someone his age but in a comparing the pose to if it were an adult; definitely a cute shot.

Congrats! :thumbsup:

Congratulations on the win! I can't figure out your little boy's expression. Is he excited? anguished? in dispair? joyful? Guess I'll never know... and that's part of the great mystery of the photo.

Thats fantastic! congratulations John :D

great capture too :D :D :D :thumbsup:

"put me in coach, i'm ready to play......"

great photo and congrats. :thumbsup:

Most reactions

Back