I won my first photography contest

MiFleur

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For the first time ever, I participated to a photography contest at the Moose Festival, (Ok it is a small one) But I won with this picture and I am happy about it!
I am open to comments and critiques!

Would a different edit be better?

$140104_3671_2.jpg

Sweet, Congrats!

...Would a different edit be better?
Well, that edit won, so...

;)

A little more detail in the foreground snow might not have gone amiss, but aside from that, it's a great image and a well deserved win. Congratulations!

;)

A little more detail in the foreground snow might not have gone amiss, but aside from that, it's a great image and a well deserved win. Congratulations!

Here the original details, I am not totally satisfied with the foreground, but It was the best I could come up with. Here is my original image.

Attachments

• $140104_3671 copy.jpg
    $140104_3671 copy.jpg
    668.1 KB · Views: 141

;)

I've got nothing to add to that, so I'll just say: I concur.
Congratulations! I admit it, I love the ego stroke of a contest win! :D

It's an excellent, sale-able image. Apparently, that's a cemetery in rt rear, correct? If so, consider removing the rail to give a secondary compositional item of interest. The bottom left corner and margin containing the rough snow areas is leading the viewer in from left to right, a good thing. Still, for comparison, crop past them on the left to see if that puts the church in a more dominant visual position. No matter what, well done.

It's an excellent, sale-able image. Apparently, that's a cemetery in rt rear, correct? If so, consider removing the rail to give a secondary compositional item of interest. The bottom left corner and margin containing the rough snow areas is leading the viewer in from left to right, a good thing. Still, for comparison, crop past them on the left to see if that puts the church in a more dominant visual position. No matter what, well done.

Now that you are telling me, I never walked passed the church. You have a keen sense of observation! Thanks for your comments, I like your crop suggestion. it puts the church a little bit off more off center.

I see why it won!
Most people love a good Church photo!!!

White on white on white - that's a tough composition. I love how it turned out, and congrats on the win!

Woot! Congrats! Gorgeous shot MiFleur :)

Most reactions

Back