i wonder...

thebeginning

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.danielcolvinphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
how it would turn out if i was completely honest with everything i said and posted, on and off the forum. and im not saying that i'm usually lying, but what if i said what i really felt. like sometimes i'll be like 'nice photo' when i dont really think it is. and this isnt really much on this forum, but sometimes. if i was completely honest for a day or two, would anyone be super offended? i've wanted to try this, but i dont want to like, get banned or anything. i've also wondered if anyone else has ever felt the same way, like they water down everything they say sometimes (?). well...i'm rambling.

discuss.

lets make this the super duper honest thread then...

everyone gets to tell it like it is :):)

I think sometimes it would be nice. I just joined and was told by some that my photos were nice and others told me what I needed to do diffrent. I wanted that. Thats why I joined. I don't think you should be a complete dick about it. But Thats just IMO

i think everyone should be brutally honest. we live in a world where things are sugar coated for our younger generations, and then when they get in the real world, and they get a face full of harsh reality, they cant cope.

you werent being an ass, just speaking the truth

I think you've got a good point Daniel...sometimes I see threads that have pics and people give raving praises and I honestly hate them...but I try and choose not to comment rather than say something mean...I think we can be honest without being a punk...I would appreciate only but complete honesty on everything I do b/c that's the only way to get better...but some may not want that.

Was not saying you were a dick. I was just saying NOT to be a dick :hug::

thebeginning said:
was i being a dick? sorry if i was.

would you rather me be more honest, just to be nice about it? that's what i was thinking.

Nice thread! :)

i think everyone should be brutally honest. we live in a world where things are sugar coated for our younger generations,
I agree and vote for brutal honesty over the attaboy/girl pats.

sometimes I see threads that have pics and people give raving praises and I honestly hate them...but I try and choose not to comment rather than say something mean...
Even if you do not really like an image , I think one should spell it out. No, I'm not talking about 'This sucks' type of comments which are in no way productive. You could tell them what you would do if it were you. This is merely to show them and the readers another perspective which might influence them in ways one wouldn't know.

Let your hearts do the talking, brethren. :)

I'm always honest in serious threads - which seems to offend some people.
These days I only comment on pictures when I think that I have something to say that is useful.

I'm always re-typing my posts because if I didn't I would be banned by now... :greenpbl:

I am more brutal/outgoing on the internet though. I'm more reserved when talking to people, close friends on the other hand..... hahaha ;)

Yeah, brutal honesty is a beautiful thing. :mrgreen:

LittleMan said:
I'm always re-typing my posts because if I didn't I would be banned by now... :greenpbl:

I am more brutal/outgoing on the internet though. I'm more reserved when talking to people, close friends on the other hand..... hahaha ;)

Yeah, brutal honesty is a beautiful thing. :mrgreen:

I think it would be quite refreshing and we'd all learn a lot more.

mountainlander said:
I think it would be quite refreshing and we'd all learn a lot more.
oh, and I'm a perfectionist... so... I would definately be banned if I typed what I thought. ;)

Most reactions

Back