I won't be around much for a few months.

photong

Typo Queen
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Unless work jerks me around some mroe.

They tried to put me somewhere else, but I stood up for myself and said no.

Anyhow. I work for Family Tradition Foods (formerly known as Green Giant). So instead of just making Green Giant food, they can products and freeze stuff for Green Giant, themselves and other companies.

So...the way the hours work are huge. When on Days I'll either work 41 hours or 48, but the shifts are 6 (noon-6pm) and 12 (6am-6pm) hours. When on nights it's 6pm to 6am for 5 days :/ So, that's 60 hours. After being on Midnights I get about 3 days off, which include the morning I finish for the week. After the day shift I get two. Wow..that's a lot hours and nto much time off.

So, for either shifts (which swing) I don't get much time to do anything else but the usual shower, eat sleep (and sometimes not even enough time to sleep)

I'll still come around and look and read but I don't have time to say much, like now, I have 30 minutes to get ready then I have to leave (it takes 20 minutes to walk there), unless I get a ride from my parents, then I get 45 minutes to prepare myself.

I don't know when I'll be done. The latest I think is December. I'm only doing it to pay my student loan off and earn extra cash so I can buy things like a cheapo car so I can get a job in the city and move out.

I'll miss you guys ;)

Hang in there, girl. Once the loan is paid off you won't need to bust it like this, and you'll be glad you did it. You're taking care of business and that's always a positive thing, even though it can be brutal to live through.

Check in when ya can! :D

Thanks Terri cakes!

I don't have time to take pictures unless I have a day off and I don't get called in (I go if I get enough sleep, plus I need the cash). A friend wants me to shoot pictures for him, but I only have my days off and the next one isnt until Sunday and Monday and I'm busy on Sunday already :/ And i have to get ready for the midnight shift :/ this is going to drive me crazy. thankfully i see my boyfriend at work or else i would go nuts!

With those hours I hope they're paying you well.

terri said:
Hang in there, girl. Once the loan is paid off you won't need to bust it like this, and you'll be glad you did it. You're taking care of business and that's always a positive thing, even though it can be brutal to live through.

Check in when ya can! :D

Says it all!
Gotta admire your attitude and ethics....you'll go far!

Walt said:
With those hours I hope they're paying you well.

8 an hour is ok. I made 270 (after taxes, f*cking government took 50 from me!!) last week.

As long as I make 300 a week, I'll be ok to pay off my loan in 4 months (I'm off to a very slow start :/) which is why I'm taking every call in I can get (I get an extra 7 bucks for the first hour).

Most reactions

Back