IaOrana Ia Oe!!! Hello to everyone

maheanuu

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Uturoa, Raiatea Fr. Polynesia/Hubbard Oregon
Website
mah.smugmug.com
My name is Ken but I go by my married name of Maheanuu Tane. I am a citizen (naturalized) of Tahiti and thereby a French National... I make my home on the island of Raiatea in French Polynesia.

I am a retired Navy Chief Petty Officer and an ex-Sperry Univac Field Engineer..

I have been interested in photography for quite a long time, and finally after moving up to a camera that will probably take the rest of my life to master, I thought that I should probably start doing something with it...

I spend 8 months of the year in the USA giving care to my mother and manage to go home for 4 months.. Kinda reminds me of what I did for the 20+ years I spent in the Navy and the 5+ years that I spent on Navy ships as a Civilian Engineer and still going to sea on deployments..

I am the proud owner (?) of 2 minolta maxxim 3xi film media cameras, one olympus OM 10, one minolta Dimage 7i and 1 Nikon D 70... All are still in use, depending on which one is where at the time I reach for a camera.. There is always at least 1 film and 1 digital in the car, and if I am going for a long trip then there are at least 2 film and 1 digital along with me...

I hope to contribute to this forum at least a small amount, but I plan on learning as much as possible as I can while I am here.

Maruru Roa (Thank you very much)

Maheanuu Tane
Gone Native and never coming back!

welcome! You have great cameras !!! I'm jealous :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back