Icy Morning

Chiller

Mental case
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Had a doc appointment to get meds, and had an hour to play before I had to be there. So I went down to catch the morning ice. Probably not healthy for me, but was healthy for my mind.
IceLakea.jpg

I love listening to the water bash up against the large ice flows there. I laid on the ice to try to grab a couple shots in the sun. Not happy with the results, but thought I would post anyways.
CRW_2699-01aa.jpg

CRW_2695-01aa.jpg

Spent about 15 minutes here. The temp was -28(-20American) with the wind, but it was still worth the walk down there.

OMG, it must've been bitterly cold by the water!!!

The first pic is my fave. You captured so much detail in the foreground elements, and the sun/clouds in the background infuse the image with such warm colour. Wow wow wow!!! (bowie guy x10)

I really like the first one too. I love how you captured the coldness of the ice/water but the warmth of the sun/sky

wow, that first shot is amazing chiller, good eye man! :thumbup:

That's awsome! But dont' you hate it when the sun just looks like a big orange blob? I hate it when that happens.

Thanks everyone.
Sw1tch.. I wanted to get there earlier so I did not have to face such a harsh sunrise. It was tough to get the exposure on the ice, and also try to not blow out the sun too much. Im heading back on Saturday to reshoot :thumbup: Thanks again.

What David Bowie?

great stuff there Chiller hard to pick a favourite, possibly #1 possibly #2

:lmao: :lmao:

Thanks Prophet. Appreciate your comments. Hopefully I can post a reshoot, before I float away on one of the ice bergs there. . :lmao: :lmao:

Nice pictures! Wow.. how do you prevent your camera from getting wet? Unless you're using a zoom or a long focal length.

The shots are great - for once flare and a bit of burn-out from the sun seem to add to the atsmophere and certaily exposing to lose this would have meant so much loss of detail and character in the rest of the images. The first is my favourite - lovely image for the wall!

Most reactions

Back