I'd say this is beyond the basics...

I saw a year exposure image once. What I can't seem to figure out is the length of the exposure to get it decently exposed, can anyone shed some light on this (besides trial and error)?

I saw a year exposure image once. What I can't seem to figure out is the length of the exposure to get it decently exposed, can anyone shed some light on this (besides trial and error)?

Low ISO and very very very small aperture.

1 year? meh this guys taking a 100 year photo :p.

Gizmodo IMterview: Jonathon Keats

I don't think I could engage in an artistic process and then never see what it looked like in the end. It would be different if he had chosen to do it in, say, 25 years, and then died in the process, but CHOOSING not to see the end result???

Life itself,....is the ultimate long exposure,....duration unknown,....we are the viewfinder

Martys said:
Life itself,....is the ultimate long exposure,....duration unknown,....we are the viewfinder

Now THAT is deep. Probably to deep for this forum. LOL

I've seen do it yourself pinhole cameras that took exposures that long. Guy made it out of a tin can.

I don't think I could engage in an artistic process and then never see what it looked like in the end. It would be different if he had chosen to do it in, say, 25 years, and then died in the process, but CHOOSING not to see the end result???

The initial design architects of the great european cathedrals of the middle ages did not get to see their life's work completed. Truly men of vision.

The initial design architects of the great european cathedrals of the middle ages did not get to see their life's work completed. Truly men of vision.

I see it differently. You get to see the planes that you design, you get so see the work getting done, you see progress. Revealing a photograph is such an anxiety filled moment for me(a happy one, of course), and I just can't wait to see what I got. Leaving a camera there and never seeing what the photograph will look like... I just wouldn't be able to handle it.

Societies grow great when men plants trees whose shade they will never sit in.

Most reactions

Back