Ideas for how to market at festivals

Emilymarie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am sharing a booth at a festival with a bow & tutu boutique Ive done promo pics for. Im only paying 40% so I will get about 4 feet or so to display my stuff. I need ideas of what to bring. I made 5x5 cards to hand out, business cards and a few matboard prints to have out. I would like to do a album but to buy one from WHCC is kinda $$$. Any ideas? Thx

Its a HUGE festival here in central Ca with around 85-100,000 visitors

Off the top of my head with your small space and not wanting to spend a lot of more money here are a few ideas. Offer coupons for your services along with giving out your cards. Set up a small studio with a black back round or any solid color and offer a free Facebook size profile head shot if that is possible. If it turns out you have tons of traffic then just do the first idea but if you find that your dead and nothing is coming your way then try the 2nd idea as a back up. Just my 2 cent. Good luck.

Stocktons Asparagus festival:)

I think I'd call Stockton NorCal ;)

Sounds like a good opportunity for you.

Meet up with the face painters at the festival to take pictures of kids faces. Charge $5 per shot and split $1 with the painter. Could work with tattoos also.:sexywink:

Meet up with the face painters at the festival to take pictures of kids faces. Charge $5 per shot and split $1 with the painter. Could work with tattoos also.:sexywink:

And also hire a dye sub printer and print on site once they walk away the will forget and not buy

And also hire a dye sub printer and print on site once they walk away the will forget and not buy

Not a bad idea, but if you decide to go this route, get a friend or family member to give you a hand. You don't want to be so busy doing prints that you neglect potential clients. You could also email the client the photo but either way make sure you put you logo and/or contact information on the photo.

Maybe you could bring in a tv to play a slideshow on, this is bound to grab more attention than a printed album.

Your space is fairly small, but I once saw a photographer who was shooting a model at a show, he would post his images up on a monitor, he drew quite a crowd.

When you say you get about 4 feet, by what? How deep is it? Is the space a pop-up canopy with a way you can hang examples of your work?

I would only display wall size framed prints, standouts, and/or canvas on streatcher bars no smaller than 16x20.

How big are your matboard prints?

When you say you get about 4 feet, by what? How deep is it? Is the space a pop-up canopy with a way you can hang examples of your work?

I would only display wall size framed prints, standouts, and/or canvas on streatcher bars no smaller than 16x20.

How big are your matboard prints?

well its a 10x10 pop up tent with tables, so ill prob get about 5 feet of table space or so. The matboard prints are a few 8x12's and 11x14.

Maybe a digital frame?

When you say "prints on matboard", do you men prints that have been mounted and have a mat with a window for the print in front of them, or prints that are just on mountboard without a mat?

I would want to display some examples of my high end products, a large as I can. That would attract as many people as possible to my display. It does you no good if they stroll on by without stopping.

A stunning, nicely matted and framed 20x30 portrait displayed on a easel out front works nicely to get people to stop. You only have a few seconds to grab their attention. I don't think 8x12 and 11x14 prints on mountboard will do that, but that is still better than having nothing.

Then you can speak with them, verbally promote your business, and hand them your promo materials. Whatever you hand to someone just walking by, will quickly wind up in the trash.

The most important thing a retail portraiture business has to sell, is the personality of the photographer/business owner.

Good luck with the festival.

photo-4.jpg

here is a super small one I did last year. Those prints are the "matboard" prints Im talking about. I liked the display I had but NEED to spice it up.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back