Ideas on perfection :)

look

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, this one of the best pics I have taken so please do not judge how I perform usually ;)

Whatever, I am posting edited and original version of the photo and I am intersted in ideas how to touch up the picture before I have another big print :)

Edited version:

2778292-lg.jpg

The original (resized):

3303535-lg.jpg

Wow :)! That is awesome. Nice capture.

If you could make the original a BW type like the edited then it would be perfect :)
and maybe crop in a bit to make the bird a little large like in the edited version. :)

Good shot. I think I'm partial to the original. There is something about the extra space that really emphasizes the "freedom" of the bird. Like no boundaries, no walls something that evokes a very positive feeling when you view the picture.

Thank you all for your kind words :)

However I am willing to try some techniques on this one if there are any ideas and I have a clue how to do that :)

Chase, thank you - I am drawn between these two as well :)

Photong, actually I have B&W on the wall :):) Fortuanaletely bird looks OK in large print and in the posted "orginal" photo it may have suffered from resizing or sharpening and looks a tad thinnmr than in edited version.

BTW, I posted it on another forum... and must admit I like this forum better :) - I am receiving more and detailed feedback :)

I really like the square crop with the black border. It really helps emphasize the bird, and increase the drama.

:shock: Stunnig work! I prefer the original exactly the way it is, the color is very dark and subtle and I much prefer it uncropped. Those clouds are beautiful!

Thank you both, Ksmattfish and Pursuer :)

I have tried to have a look at both versions on alarger print byu covering a apart of it. On one hand I like feeling of space in the original. On the other hand, as Ksmattfish has noted, crop really helps to emphasize objects in the photo.

However, the priginal has to go through some editing before it goes for printing. IMHO, the burned highlight needs to be softned as in edited version if not more by using curves. Of course USM, and check if some contrast by USM suites as well.

I am still a bit undecided about B&W or color version.

The only minor thing is the lack of contrast in the areas of the water that are not directly lit by the sun light. Course that is just nit picking. I prefer the B/W version myself, that crop is just spot on.

Thank you!

I think that's a good idea and I will test it :) And yes, keep nit-picking - that's the way I learn as you are helping me to improve pictures :)

look said:
Thank you!

I think that's a good idea and I will test it :) And yes, keep nit-picking - that's the way I learn as you are helping me to improve pictures :)

Mind me asking where you took this? Reminds me a place I know.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back