Idea's to get information

konceptj

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I recently moved and have no connections to the city I am in. I had an idea to start developing some quickly.

I was thinking i will offer Free Headshot Thursday's.
I'll set up at a local park and offer headshots to anyone that wants them for their business card, website use or whatever. I'll have them fill out a form with their info, name, email, phone and company and will email them the files.

I figure the time I spend thursday/friday shooting,editing and emailing will be totally worth it to start my new contact list.

any other idea's out there?

I recently moved and have no connections to the city I am in. I had an idea to start developing some quickly.

I was thinking i will offer Free Headshot Thursday's.
I'll set up at a local park and offer headshots to anyone that wants them for their business card, website use or whatever. I'll have them fill out a form with their info, name, email, phone and company and will email them the files.

I figure the time I spend thursday/friday shooting,editing and emailing will be totally worth it to start my new contact list.

any other idea's out there?
Why do it for free? People do not value what they don't pay for.

Plus, it's a great way to get a rep as 'that free photographer'.

I try to come up with a way to promote a photography business 7 days a week, rather than just 1 day a week and the best advertising there is, is happy, well satisfied paying clients that tell everyone they know about you..

I think you'll find that the local park is pretty slow on Thursday. If you want to use that business model, set up on Saturday and Sunday and do family portraits. Only give away a small one as a freebie and let them order enlargements.

The way to avoid the "free photographer" rep is to have a reason for doing it this way. Say that you are building up your portfolio or you are looking for new work to replace your "old" advertising photos, etc.

Make sure they sign a release and you really CAN use the photos!

You should do well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back