Identify Cokin Filters

protocoder

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi Experts,

I have bunch of Cokin A type Filters for my 58 mm canon Lens.

I need the following help:
1. These filters are not marked and I am not sure how to identify what kind of filters are these. Please can you help me identify these filters for me.

2. Please let me know the links and documentation or write up on what filter to use when would be greatly appreciated.

3. Where to buy the A type filter (cokin) for camera of 58 mm lens please.

Cheers
-P

1. Sorry. I can't see the filters, so I can't help you identify them.

2. You might start at Cokin's web site.

3. Online and brick and mortar photography stores are good places to buy cokin A type filters. You didn't put your location in your profile.

All of the Cokin filters that I have show their model number in a circle printed on the filter.

Colin filters are not sized for 58mm or other lenses, they are square and are sized for their filter holders. Adapters are used to fit the holders to specific lens sizes.

I don't have a link to Cokin filter numbers, certainly you can do an Internet search on your own, suggest you use Google.

Thank you @KmH and @Railphotog
I could able to trace as suggested the filter name on the bottom of the boxes. Now I need to figure out when to use what. I am begining to use them which I bought recently trying to learn Photography. I use Canon Film SLR (Rebel)

The filters, I have are are the following. I can guess that Star is something to get star effect. I have no Idea where these filters are used. Any help would be appeciated. I am based in New Zealand, the other side of the world.

1. Star 16
2. COEF +2/3 BLUE(82 B) A 024
3. COEF +1 ORANGE A 002
4. COEF +3 SEPIA A 005
5. DIFFUSER 2 A 084
6. COEF +1/3 WARM(81 C) A 028
7. COEF +2 2/3 GREEN A 004
8. COEF X 1.5 BLUE(82 C) A 25
9. STAR 2 A 058
10. PASTEL 1 A 086
11. GRADUAL G2 A 121
12. COEF +1/3 WARM(81 B) A 027
13. DIFFUSER 1 A 083.

Is there anything above which is also UV filter, natural density filter, which I am looking to use immediately.

Thanks in Advance

Most reactions

Back