If client doesn't like Wedding photos..

Classic that a fat lady would say "I didn't realize I looked that big". Sounds like she should have spent some time in the gym before the wedding so she would look her best.

Weddings aren't my thing but I still think 1000 photos is to many to show them. Maybe 200-300 of the very best.

No, of course I didnt present 2800 photos to the client. That would be ridiculous and my client proofing probably wouldnt even hold that many images at once..... never tried. I put around 200 or so up I believe. Since then, she has been a little more up front about what she didnt like.... her double chin (which i went ahead and fixed in several photos ) , her Dad's teeth (he only had a few which i also edited a mouthful of teeth into several photos as she requested and just the simple fact that she jsut doesnt think she nor or her Husband are photogenic. So im no longer stressing on this one. I think the main thing that matters is I know we did the best we could do with what we had to work with and I think the images are great! I told her if she wanted any addtional images edited to make her feel better about herself, I would do so, so i feel I did my part. The package they purchased was only 800.00 for 6-8 hrs coverage which I no longer offer so I feel I have gone above and beyond. Im content now. Thanks for all of the responses! Weddings can be a PITA!

First, Id never take even a 1000 shots of a wedding, the most Ive taken is about 500 at a large wedding. I go with a list of 50 MUST GET shots, and then take a lot of candids. Getting all the standard shots of the B&G, Family, Close relatives, and all tables.

Then show them the best 200-300. I have a very high average of good shots from many decades of using film. When you have to process all the film and make prints you are more careful to do good work.

Digital in my opinion tends to make people sloppy, the most expensive thing is time, so you take 1000 or more. Ive never had a bride complain about how she looked. Ive had thousands who complained there were so many good shots they could not make up their mind. Then proceeded to buy a copy of every one.

Since retiring Ive shot friends or relatives wedding and given them the pictures as a Wedding Present. Some felt it was not fair to me to ask, so they hired a Photographer. When I saw them begin to follow me around, to take the same pictures they saw me getting, it made me wonder just how good their pictures would be or how much experience and training they had.

NO ONE should be doing such a vital job as a Wedding without excellent training and knowing they are going to get the BEST that can be done. Weddings for most are the most important day in their lives. NO ONE ever expects they will get divorced and have another chance. THERE is no way a photographer gets a second chance to shoot a wedding. Offering a free sitting later in no way makes up for the loss. If the photographer is not confident that they are as good as any Wedding Photographer in town, then they should be TRAINING with the best one in town.

Maybe the expested you to Photchop them into thin and, photogenic people.

Lots of wedding photographers do.

That's an area that you have to realize - because of the digital age, you have photogs going overboard with the PS and the brides LOVE IT... the better the PS, the more popular and well-known and "awesome" the photographer is.... so it seems in my observations.

One of the many reasons I don't shoot weddings - I like to stick with the subjects that take less than an hour to proof ;)

I didn't realize I looked that big either,

I don't like to come off as mean but .... could it simply be that she is FAT, and didn't want to admit it?

I didn't really think she was complaining about your skills.

JMO

dan

Most reactions

Back