If I've got the money now, to buy the D800 or wait for the D600?

Trever1t said:
this is a ridiculous statement. I use a D700. It's a fantastic body and I would buy another this minute. The D700 is a league above the D7000, not that the D7000 isn't a great body too!

The d7000 is that perfect medium of the best crop body, and the perfect backup if one decides to go full frame. I don't regret buying this camera thumbs up Nikon.

Boomer your right i guess...i'm just being childish wanting something new without really needing it...just because its supposed to be amazingly good...i really need to think what i need instead of what i want...even if i have the cash it doesn't grow on trees...I might as well get the 24-120 f4 instead of the 2.8, i don't think i'll need it when i have already a 50 1.8g...its a good compromise, i heard a lot of folks are selling the 24-70 and getting the 24-120 f4 for the VR also...and its like the perfect inbetween both the 24-70 and the 70-200 2.8

StandingBear1983 said:
actually the d7000 is already getting near to the D700...I don't think it will be a wise buy to get the D700 now..doesn't have 100% viewfinder either like the D7000 and if i upgrade a body i want it to be the best i can find for the money...on the contrary, the D800 is a BIG step up from the D5100

If this is how your thought process works, I'd stick with your current camera and go shoot. I mean it with the utmost sincerity and I apologize if it sounds a-holish.

Last edited:
I guess your right guys...i was acting pretty childish...i mean i can't find a REAL reason why my D5100 is not enough...i guess i'll be getting glass instead...also i'm not sure i'll feel the difference between the 18-105 dx lens and the 24-120 f4 i want to buy (because i heard its a good compromise if you don't want to get both the 2.8 lenses), and it does have VR...thing is, is it worth 1000$ for me? i don't think so...anyway i love primes and i have to check first how a zoom lens feels like on a DSLR...i never shot with one...only with my 35mm 1.8g...who knows...maybe in the end i would like to stick with the primes so why go for an expensive zoom right off the bat...get my point? :meh:

StandingBear1983 said:
I guess your right guys...i was acting pretty childish...i mean i can't find a REAL reason why my D5100 is not enough...i guess i'll be getting glass instead...also i'm not sure i'll feel the difference between the 18-105 dx lens and the 24-120 f4 i want to buy (because i heard its a good compromise if you don't want to get both the 2.8 lenses), and it does have VR...thing is, is it worth 1000$ for me? i don't think so...anyway i love primes and i have to check first how a zoom lens feels like on a DSLR...i never shot with one...only with my 35mm 1.8g...who knows...maybe in the end i would like to stick with the primes so why go for an expensive zoom right off the bat...get my point? :meh:

What lens do you have right now aside from the 35 1.8?

Sent from my iPhone using PhotoForum

actually the d7000 is already getting near to the D700...I don't think it will be a wise buy to get the D700 now..doesn't have 100% viewfinder either like the D7000 and if i upgrade a body i want it to be the best i can find for the money...on the contrary, the D800 is a BIG step up from the D5100

this is a ridiculous statement. I use a D700. It's a fantastic body and I would buy another this minute. The D700 is a league above the D7000, not that the D7000 isn't a great body too!

Utterly ridiculous, but if its on the 'net it must be true?
bigthumb.gif

StandingBear1983 said:

What lens do you have right now aside from the 35 1.8?

Now i have a D5100 with a 35mm 1.8g and a 50mm 1.8g

StandingBear1983 said:
Now i have a D5100 with a 35mm 1.8g and a 50mm 1.8g

I'd vote for the tamron or sigma 17/18-50 2.8 and the 85 1.8 if you like primes. The 17-50 will help of you need something wide.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back