If only the danged cameraman had panned in a little closer

Hooligan Dan

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This was on the news, the night before last I think. I was pleasantly surprised by what I saw at 2:25

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uweG9GcGvjs"]YouTube - Who Are The Residents Of Tent City?[/ame]

TENT_CITY_04-1.jpg

Not major, but it made me smile.

Ahh bet you were happy to see that :)

Slightly confused. You have a shot of "The Mayor" and KCRA picked up the story. Details please.

At any rate great shot. Love the low angle. Homeless is a tough subject and it looks like you gave it some respect. I find the subject fascinating. I would like to spend some time on the subject.

Love & Bass

I think the photo on the desk is a copy of the photo above. Looks like Hooligan gave him a copy after taking the photos. Very cool of you and great shot man.

I think the photo on the desk is a copy of the photo above. Looks like Hooligan gave him a copy after taking the photos. Very cool of you and great shot man.

Yep. That's exactly what I did. After I took the shots I printed up some copies and took them back out for the main people I followed.

Thank you!

Wow... Remember when I asked if the people living there were, "All there?" The news goes one insulting step further to say that, "Mental illness, addiction and a criminal record" are the reasons the people end up there.... Pretty pompous... No blame focused on our government and outsourcing jobs, of course.... The people must be their own worst enemy, according to the Mainstream Media.....

It was enlightening to see the man in your pictures speak... I had a totally different opinion of him after hearing him talk to the camera...

May I ask what your new impression of him is?

To me he looks like a guy that had done everything he could in life to make it by. Worked hard, payed his bills. The lost work and couldn't, and ended up in a tent with everything he owned.

Sad and unfortunate. I actually feel for him, and feel the pain he has to endure. And can only hope and pray the govt helps people like this more than the people who live in eight story houses and fly a jet to work.

From the few seconds of footage from that video, I get the sense that he's a "little touched" in the head, but by no means does he seem incapable of living in "the real world." In fact, I know millionaires who are less sane than he is...:lol: The video said he's an ex-con? I think I could have figured that out within minutes of meeting him. Most ex-cons have that "air" about them. Missing teeth: Meth? Chances are, his time in prison did whatever mental damage to him. I know it would change me forever. Prison isn't about being smart, it's about being the biggest and strongest. A guy like him wouldn't stand a chance.

ETA: And who among us has never thought about ditching everything and hitting the road; going "off the grid?"

Last edited:
That is really cool, Dan.

Really cool.

Jon

Seems like an okay guy.. I don't have a negative opinion of him, or any of them, for that matter. Times are tough, and if you were on the hairy edge before things went South, times are more than tough.. If you can go through that hardship and maintain your sanity, you have my respect, that's for sure..

Thanks for the enlightening thread. It's very interesting.

Most reactions

Back