If you are in search of Americana, this is the place. 4th of July in Washington.

The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been going to this parade for quite a long time and, regardless of the huge crowds and usually terrible heat, it is always a good experience. Bands and floats come from around the US while the strong local immigrant communities represent their country.

See the entire 35 or so pictures at Lew Lorton Photography | Washington,DC - July 4th Parade

Here are just a few that I feel are representative of the day.

p2045224796-5.jpg

p2134776107-5.jpg

p1942181892-5.jpg

See the entire 35 or so pictures at Lew Lorton Photography | Washington,DC - July 4th Parade

Last edited:
Nice set Lew. One of us is either taking too many or too few photographs. (I think I'm taking too few) [I say this because you are just getting to processing on July 4th weekend, lol]

I think I would like to have seen more of the sign on the last one. Just my thought though.

Nice set Lew. One of us is either taking too many or too few photographs. (I think I'm taking too few) [I say this because you are just getting to processing on July 4th weekend, lol]

My attention is caught by really terrific photos (few and far between) that have a non-specific impact and this set doesn't have those.

I am in the process of reviewing all my pictures, culling them ruthlessly, adding more keywords, in anticipation of giving my son an archival set and I came across these that seemed to be interesting in the aggregate.

I think I would like to have seen more of the sign on the last one. Just my thought though.

Since you mentioned this.
I purposefully cropped that for two reasons. First, keeping the total sign in would have left the upper right side totally blank. Second, I anted him to be as large as possible in the frame and to signal that he was the real center of interest so I cropped the sign enough so that people could puzzle out what it means and yet be aware, unconsciously, that the sign was secondary (because it was cropped).

Thanks for looking and the comment.

Most reactions

Back