If you could only have one

I can live with only one lens, the 50mmL but on full frame.

If I only had one lens to choose from it would be the 70-200 2.8 IS. It never leaves one of my camera bodies and is used on about 70% of everything I shoot.

Either my 24-105L or my 70-300L. I make both work for a ton of different situations and both having amazing IQ.

Either my 24-105L or my 70-300L. I make both work for a ton of different situations and both having amazing IQ.

Well I dunno about 24-105, but out of all "L" lenses from Canon in the recent years, 70-300's "L" stands for "LOL" in terms of IQ.

sovietdoc said:
Well I dunno about 24-105, but out of all "L" lenses from Canon in the recent years, 70-300's "L" stands for "LOL" in terms of IQ.

Yeah, i was going to say, if they are putting the L brand on a slow lens like the 70-300 whats next? Maybe the 18-55 EF-S L? Come on Canon...

This is Film Photography!!!

How about the 24-70 for a walking around lens? Vacation lens maybe? Or i was thing with two camera bodies a 24-135 and a 100-400? What one lens would you use for vacation/travel walking around photos?

I shoot the Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS-USM as my "main lens" on my Canon 5D...its image quality is far from "amazing". "Good, but not great" is a more-accurate description of its image quality and imaging performance. And that ,"Good, but not great" IQ of the 24-105-L is based on its use on a mere 12.8 megapixel, full-frame camera. I shudder to think what kind of lens flaws a higher-resolution body would reveal. I use the 5D and 24-105 for my weekend snaps and fishing trips. For "serious" work, the 24-105 L is easily bettered by numerous other lenses that I own.

I actually prefer a tele-zoom for MUCH of my personal work, so if I had to have only ONE lens, it would be a camera-maker's 70-200mm f/2.8 zoom, with stabilizer.

3bayjunkie said:
Yeah, i was going to say, if they are putting the L brand on a slow lens like the 70-300 whats next? Maybe the 18-55 EF-S L? Come on Canon...

But what about the 100-400 4.5-5.6L IS?

3bayjunkie said:

But what about the 100-400 4.5-5.6L IS?

What about it? Are you trying to say that lens is just as bad as 70-300L? Well, it isn't. :)

sovietdoc said:
What about it? Are you trying to say that lens is just as bad as 70-300L? Well, it isn't. :)

Well you said 'slow lens' so I thought ii were equating all of Canon's slow telephoto lenses to being bad decisions lol.

I know it's not bad. I love that lens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back