If you could own only one Prime lens what size would it be ?

If I could just have ANY lens, then of course it'd have to be the EF 1200mm f/5.6L USM. A while back, a "used" lens sold for about $120,000 at B&H Photo's used department.

This way, I could sell the lens, buy every other lens and piece of camera gear I could ever want, pay of the mortgage on the house, and get a new set of tires for the car and STILL have money to go on a nice vacation.

;-)

$120,000? Are you serious? That is CRAZY! I bet that was heavy. I like your way of thinking except I wouldn't pay off the house, because I want to keep the deductions and the low interest rate. I might throw some into a long term investment though.

I have to admit while the answer is a fair one really answering to my question if I had free 120,000$ I would buy a house use the 120,000 for a nice down payment on it and rent it, with the income I could buy all the lenses I would want and then some!

300MM F/4L I love it at the Zoo. But only 1 prime - really? I do like my 35 1.4 but I could use the 28-70 or 16-35L instead. Yeah, gotta be the 300.

sup with the obsession with sub 1,4 f stop lenses? :)

gryphonslair99 said:
Don't confuse softness with Bokeh. I've had both the 1.0L & 1.2L and the 1.2 is sharper with equally creamy Bokeh.

absolutely, One used was at a shop for years.... impossible to sell. AF was slow... noisy macro motor... soft...
bulky.... expensive. The 1.2 is far better.

I'd need a new camera to go with it but I would take a Schneider Fine Art XXL 550/11 copal #3...

Leica 50mm f/.95 Noctilux-M

Mostly so I could use it for a week, realize I suck at manual focusing, and then sell it for lots of monies.

MWAHAHAHAHA

Hmm I guess my choice would be Nikkor AF DC 135mm f/2D ... for the BOKEH ! :lmao:

Most reactions

Back