If you go down to the woods today.

Haz_UK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Whilst walking the dog today in local woods I took a few pictures. Nothing too special I don't think, I think my favourite is the one with the numbers engraved on the tree trunk. All images are un-edited. :pirate:

The Bird wasn't actually dead. It was still breathing and moving slightly. Not sure if the picture picked up quite how bright the bird was. I think it was a blue tit, not sure. I'm no bird enthusiast. But it was a very nice blue colour.

The pictures are a bit big still so I decided not to post images directly.

Hmmmmmmm. I sure hope that was your dogs rubber chicken in no. 5!

I like the first one. I myself love to take macro pics (i still need help with that itorex lens btw!) of moss etc.

Thanks for the replies.

But, err sorry, what is 'DOF' Is there some sort of glossary of terms or something that I could look out, I don't understand all this new lingo :p :blushing:

That bird is very much real! I don't think it's techincally a very good photograph, but I saw it lying there and though, well I might aswell take a few shots of it :)

Haz_UK said:
Thanks for the replies.

But, err sorry, what is 'DOF' Is there some sort of glossary of terms or something that I could look out, I don't understand all this new lingo :p :blushing:

That bird is very much real! I don't think it's techincally a very good photograph, but I saw it lying there and though, well I might aswell take a few shots of it :)

DOF=depth of field

It took me years to figure that out also.

Paul

jophassa said:
is the DOF just the distance between to camera and subject?

No, it's the distance from the plane of the photo to the last image in the photo that's in still in focus. Surely someone else could explain it lot's better.

Try an internet search......

In optics, particularly film and photography, the depth of field (DOF) is the distance in front of and behind the subject which appears to be in focus. For any given lens setting, there is only one distance at which a subject is precisely in focus, but focus falls off gradually on either side of that distance, so there is a region in which the blurring is tolerable. This region is greater behind the point of focus than it is in front, as the angle of the light rays change more rapidly; they approach being parallel with increasing distance. (WIKIPEDIA)

That says it all.

They're not quite full res.

I did trim them to what I thought was a more reasonable size, but only after having uploaded them did i realise they infact still appeared fairly large, and i couldn't be bothered with re sizing and re-saving, then re-uploading everything again. :)

Thanks for the comments. And again feel free to edit any of my photos, just be sure to show me what you've done. I don't have photoshop right now so can't experiment with effects personally. :meh:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back