If you go down to the woods

gsgary

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.gsgary.smugmug.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Been on a bit of a mission this weekend shot 4 rolls of Fomapan and developed them all and scanned

1 Can you see the movement ?

Movement-in-the-woods-XL.jpg

2 Veiw from the woods

img045-XL.jpg

3 Time for a rest

img049-XL.jpg

4 Stilts

img052-XL.jpg

5 Can you see your way ?

img046-XL.jpg

#1 - yes I can see the movement, no I don't like it ;) The frame has no organization here, it's just a visually confusing muddle of stuff.

#2 is quite nice. I like the painterly look to the scene in the distance, and the black material in the foreground frames it nicely.

#3 can't make up its mind whether it's a portrait or a landscape, and since we don't know the person it's nothing much. This will probably mean a lot more to you than to us.

#4 is also rather appealing. there's not strong visual center and it feels a little muddled, but it's very attractive and there are some strong graphical elements here, so I think it works.

#5 is similar but not as graphically strong, and more muddled. There's not enough path in the frame to carry the image, it reads as a bunch of trees, which are not themselves arranged BADLY, but nor are they particularly wonderful. Give us more path next time!

Cheers, biggest problem i have shooting this sort of thing is the girlfriend and dog want to come so i'm always rushed but with these i didn't mind because i wanted to find out what Foma film was like and if it was worth getting some more, 2 things i have found out is if you agitate to hard you get more grain and it scratches easy
#1 replocated my hangover

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back