if you had all the money in the world...

i would buy Hasselblad, not the camera, the company.

I'd buy one of everything joe McNally has. Which Is pretty much one of everything Nikon has ever made.

I will buy cameras and lenses every week [from 35mm to LF any brands, even RED], and computers+accessories [Mac Pro, iMac,...] with Eizo and LaCie monitors, 3 Printers from average to large size [60"], enlargers and drum scanner, papers for the printers and enlargers, and buy a big house for me only so i can use all the other rooms for storage and darkroom.

Im thinking if I had that much money I would have celebrity status, so I would probably have a sponsor, and they could just send me one of everything..

If money was not a problem I would buy every lens out there and spend the rest of my life in sweet bliss flying around the world going to the most exclusive places on earth in order to try out these lenses.

Realistically I would spend more on my studio than my camera or lens.

If I have all the money in the world, means no one else has money, means no one else needs money, means all the money I have is meaningless. I think those dudes on Wall street need to get a wake up slap in the face.

On the other hand, if I have all the money in the world, and I want money to be useful again, I will use all my money to buy all the land in the world so i can just enjoy it with my own eyes freely instead of seeing it through a lens, and make everyone else pay me to see it!

Disclaimer: I'm not a Jew, but I'm a Chinese.

For me it would be a Cambo Ultima 23 with a suitable, modern back, probably a Leaf, just because I used to use a Leafscan and I trust the brand. I'd probably put Rodenstock or Nikkor glass on it, again, just because that is what I'm familiar with.

I'd probably get a Leica S2 and all the Leica glass too because I know I wouldn't have all the money in the world. You know, for an "around town" camera. LOL.

But if I was limited to just one option, it'd either be the Cambo Ultima or a Cambo Wide with a Leaf back. Whatever is the latest and greatest.

I tend to not oogle over cameras that would cost more than any car I could ever consider buying. Maybe if someday I can afford a $30k car, I'd look more carefully at $30k cameras, but right now there is no point in even looking into specifics.

I got to tell you, if I had a choice between a brand new car and a large format digital camera, I'll go with the camera. I kind of like riding the bus anyway.

If I had a million dollars....
I'd pay-off my student loans first as well as provide for my family :)
As for photo gear, I'd go back to the wonderful world of medium format w/ wonderful Zeiss glass.

If money is not an issue, I will just buy the one that let me produce what I need comfortably.

Most reactions

Back