Ignorance is bliss

US keyboards are a pain indeed...

I can live with German keyboards and UK keyboards ...

I keep hitting " instead of @

I also still cant find the English pound key!

yes ... and did you realise the mess around the enter key?

Oh, heck! I was asked many times if I'm from Scotland! And I have an Eastern European accent (Romanian), but it ain't thick.:lol:

Lisa, if there is no pound key on that American keyboard you are now using, type in ALT + 156 on the number block and you should be there. Let me try ... £ <- yes! There you go. (For there is no pound-key on my German keyboard, either). Thus you can "teach" that key board to let go of it's accent (if only just a little).

And Mitica, this makes me wonder, indeed. Do you think people think you CAN only be from Scotland, not from anywhere else? Amazing! And when you say "Romania", what is the usual reaction you get?

And Mitica, this makes me wonder, indeed. Do you think people think you CAN only be from Scotland, not from anywhere else? Amazing! And when you say "Romania", what is the usual reaction you get?

No Corinna, most of the people ask if I'm from Russia. But there's a small percentage of people asking me if I'm Scottish, German, French. At least they're in the right geographical area. :lol:

As to when I say Romania, very few people actually know where Romania is on a map. Actually I have had several cases of "...and where is Romania located in the United States?", if you can believe that! The ones that know about Romania a bit, they know of Count Dracula and Transylvania as being in Romania and I end up being asked about that. I don't really mind...:lol:

...they know of Count Dracula and Transylvania as being in Romania and I end up being asked about that.

Teehee, but this is just what I expected! :D
Thanks for the confirmation, :mrgreen:

Teehee, but this is just what I expected! :D
Thanks for the confirmation, :mrgreen:

You know, when i tell people im in Pennsylvania i get asked "Oooh, like Dracula!"

And im like, No, retard! Thats Transylvania!

DUH

p.s. £ <--WOW

i always thought I had no accent in German. ... but then I realised people could tell which city in Germany I was born in.

I was once told by a teacher that I spoke Spanish like a native German who had migrated to South America.

skieur

I've often received a lot of flak for having a Minnesotan accent. When the movie Fargo came out, I watched it and was appalled at the stereotypes of the average Minnesotan. Then I observed the speech and mannerisms, and, by george, I deserved the mocking I was getting from friends.

I should say that I was living in Nebraska at the time. :er:

Have they forced you to eat any fried Mars bars yet?

No, but they rant about them a lot.
And a lot of other weird deep fried things.

Hoping to get over there eventually. Seems like a good excuse to buy a bulk order of Velvia.

Most reactions

Back