Ilford Delta 400 B&W Problem????

hfb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a new to me Mamiya 645 1000s. I have shot two rolls of Ilord Delta 400 and developed in D-76 with the same results. The first roll I handled normally. The film looks fogged?? The pictures are there but dificult to see. The film is uniformly maybe a 50% greyshade exposed and not exposed on the back. I can read the nomenclature ,manufaturer name exposure number etc, on one side but not the other. After the first roll I very carefully refoamed the camera, I think it needed it. I believe the light seal foam is properly installed. On the next roll I left the film in the camera only a couple of hours instead of the previous couple of days. After exposure I removed the film from the camera in my dark room and loaded it directly on the reel, into the development can, and proccessed right then. The second roll is the same as the first. I lost two rolls, one to get a reel for take up in the camera and another learning how to put the film on the development reel. The back side of both these, undeveloped is the same color grey as the shot and developed ones. The otherside is black. After posting this I will develop one of the long exposed rolls Just to see what happens. I have TriX 400 coming later this week. I have shot a lot of TriX and am fimliar with processing it. Any comments will be welcomed.

This needs to be posted in the film section.

Did this go through xrays at the airport?

Strange happenings for sure.

Not on my watch. I bought it from Adorama with ground shipment.

...The film is uniformly maybe a 50% greyshade exposed and not exposed on the back. I can read the nomenclature ,manufaturer name exposure number etc, on one side but not the other...

What do you mean by that.
I just want to clarify what you are seeing on the neg.

You might also check over on apug.org which is a film based site.

Unfixed, by the sound of it. Run it through fresh fixer. Do not expose it to any more light.

You are right not fixed I will try that.

Fixing fixed it. I don't remember fixing TriX, maybe I did, but I don't remember doing more than rinsing it well.
Thank you all for the help. HelenB my special thanks to you.

she is great, fixing never crossed my mind. ALso, you probably did use fix with the trix or there would have been an issue

Try putting one piece of film in neat fixer and see if it clears, i usually fix for 3 minutes then check to see if it is fixed if not i carry on agitating untill its clear

Film should normally be in Kodak fixer for 10 minutes to insure a long lifetime for the negative. Fixing time for film is usually double the clearing time. Fixing is a requirement for film and paper to stop any more change in the material from light.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back