I'll cry if I want to

Rebekah5280

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is one of my favorite little girls to shoot. She is so sweet, but today, was having many "diva moments" during our shoot. Is it wrong that I LOVE catching these types of shots? lol

So, my lighting set up - I have three lights, one back left with white shoot through (in hindsight, I needed to power it down a bit), on white shoot through umbrella camera left, and a large soft box camera right.

I like my shoots with kids to be nice and bright and this lighting set up is the best one for my moving targets (I spend my days typically shooting baby/toddlers).

Opinions? Comments? Critiques?

$BK - 8.jpg

Her mommy made her beautiful dress and matching hair bow. :)

Last edited:
Love it. I just wish you were a LITTLE lower so we could see more of her AMAZING eyes.

Very cute shot.

Seems a little hot though? Maybe tone it down a tiny bit?

Haha priceless! Great capture.

id be unhappy too if someone made me wear 2 pounds of hairbow.

I'm with manaheim on this. I would have liked to see it taken lower. But it is a good picture as is.

I'm with manaheim on this. I would have liked to see it taken lower. But it is a good picture as is.

I love it when people agree with me. It's like a religious experience. Lol

Rebekah, really nice shot. Love how the dress spreads evenly around her giving it nice symmetry. I too like the pout and it will probably end up being a favorite of theirs as time goes by. I've been photographing a lot of kids lately and I'm really enjoying it - they're just so vibrant and expressive. My poor grandson can't get a minute's peace without me snapping picture of him.

Can I ask what you are using for the wood floor? Is it an actual wood floor or a vinyl mat, etc.? Either way it looks really great!

Wow! Now that's a shot. That is going to be such a hit at her wedding. Priceless.

Its vinyl. I found it at Lowe's actually. I purchased a 12x12 foot section to keep in my studio, but I ended up going back and buying enough to replace my entire floor in my studio. lol I love it! Its a super thick padded vinyl too. :) Shop STAINMASTER 12-ft W Tan Embossed Wood Finish Sheet Vinyl at Lowes.com
There are other places where you can buy a roll away mat. Look up "Lemon Drop Stop" They have excellent options!!! LemonDrop Stop Faux Wood Backdrop and Floordrop Designs | Vinyl Photography Backdrops | LemonDrop Stop Photography Backdrops and FloorDrops I have purchased both the Popypaper and Vinyl materials from them. The polypaper is great for backdrops, but I would stick with the Vinyl if you are going to use it for flooring. Careful though, LemonDrop is addicting... lol

I love it when people agree with me. It's like a religious experience. Lol
I don't agree w/ you.
Love the shot though!! It's just sooo cute!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back