I'll take the first plunge

Rosy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
OK - I'll be the sacrificial lamb. Here are the latest images I took of my friend's daughter....CC away
I aspire to improve my skills and if that means that a skilled photographer is a professional one then WIPPEEE.

9633797488_2353d89cad_h.jpg

9630570261_3d95a07a98_h.jpg

Love the shots, but something is wrong with the color balance. Everything looks close EXCEPT the whites of her eyes, and they are blue.

I agree with SCraig...great shots, but something is off in the color. In the second photo, aside from the whites of her eyes being blue, there is too much green going on. You need to balance out the green and make it more neutral and natural.

As noted you're having problems with color (white) balance.

How do you set the white balance on your camera?

I adjusted the first one for you and removed a blue/cyan color cast. Cute photo.

$begonia_baby.jpg

I also noted when I downloaded your photo that you have the image color space set to Adobe RGB. For photos you post on the internet that can cause trouble. When you post photos to the web you should set the color space to sRGB.

Joe

:waiting: Someone didn't read the forum guidelines sticky!

;)

Note folks: This was moved from the ASPIRING PROs gallery!

C&C per req:

As noted, you're having some minor WB issues - if you really want to nail this, then you might want to consider picking up an X-Rite Colour Checker Passport. Of all the WB systems I've tried, this is MILES ahead of the others!

The lighting looks good here, but compositionally... in #1, you've got a little bit of what looks like a vase of flowers behind the child, and then the big pot of posies in front of her. Why? While it doesn't look bad, it just seems forced to me. I also think your whites are just a little hot.

The second is well done, good expression and nicely lit, but I wish your shooting position had been a bit lower; maybe not right into her eyes, but closer to level.

All in all, a pretty solid effort!

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

Most reactions

Back