I'll take two, please!

I've used one three times - once for myself and twice for other students that (somehow) accidentally rewound fresh rolls into the canister. For mine, I intentionally rewound a new roll (one or two shots taken) into the canister -- lazy lobster needed to borrow the camera for an assignment but had to shoot color (I had Tri-X loaded).

O.K., if you don't fully rewind them you could get an exposed roll mixed up with the fresh rolls.

Well, not YOU, perhaps, but someone else could.
Why would you not fully rewind a roll of exposed film? The only reason I can possibly come up with is because you want to remove it part-way through and put a different roll in the camera. Other than that...
Simple so I can start it on the reel before it goes in the changing bag then its 20 seconds and its in the tank ready to develope

O.K., if you don't fully rewind them you could get an exposed roll mixed up with the fresh rolls.

Why would you not fully rewind a roll of exposed film? The only reason I can possibly come up with is because you want to remove it part-way through and put a different roll in the camera. Other than that...
Simple so I can start it on the reel before it goes in the changing bag then its 20 seconds and its in the tank ready to develope
Gary, PLEASE tell me that you don't run the film back through the light trap when you're loading it!!!

Gary, PLEASE tell me that you don't run the film back through the light trap when you're loading it!!!
Yes sometimes never been a problem because I roll my own and keep them clean

That's my SOP. Cut off the leader, pull out 3-4" of film (hey, it's exposed anyway from when I loaded the camera up!), clip it into the reel........ then into the dark bag for the easy part.

I can't be bothered. Getting the film out of bulk rolled cannisters is super easy and I don't need to see the reel to get it loaded. Pre-rolled cannisters might be a pain to crack open sometimes but it's still not a big deal. I just rewind fully and throw it all into the changing bag.

I can't be bothered. Getting the film out of bulk rolled cannisters is super easy and I don't need to see the reel to get it loaded. Pre-rolled cannisters might be a pain to crack open sometimes but it's still not a big deal. I just rewind fully and throw it all into the changing bag.
This! ^^ It only takes one strip of negatives with a scratch right down the middle from one end to the other to make you realize that might be what's called a 'Bad plan'!

This! ^^ It only takes one strip of negatives with a scratch right down the middle from one end to the other to make you realize that might be what's called a 'Bad plan'!
I don't know how many 100's of rolls I have shot but it has not happened most scratches come from the pressure plate

The only type of leader retriever that I've found to work well is the kind with two curved strips of metal. The plastic ones I've tried were pretty much useless.

I always rewind the film completely. Re-loadable cassettes are easy to open, factory cassettes are not much more difficult. Them I cut the leader and load the reels.

Phil

so...
could I use this to get the SD card out of my camera when its in all the way?
Are you still shooting digital ? I hope you not loading up your Rolleiflex with SD cards...

Are you still shooting digital ? I hope you not loading up your Rolleiflex with SD cards...

Don't be silly.

Everyone knows Rollieflexes use CF cards!

Most reactions

Back