I'm a newbie with issues.

SaraShanae

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hi everyone!

So heres my problem.

Ive got roughly $1200 to spend on good lenses for my new 10.1 canon rebel xti.

i have two lenses already, one is a tamron 28-80mm and can i just say- VERY disappointed.

i need two different types- one for close close shots to like 5 feet or so away.
and then one for further away

I'm s using this camera to shoot senior portraits, baby announcements, engagement pictures and eventually weddings

I've just got into photography and tho i'm still learning about cameras and whats what, I got into it because I'm awesome at photoshopcs3 and other software.

what i would like to do, however tho, is to take pictures with a quality camera and lens that will require minimum editing.

Suggestions?

Canon 70-200mm 4.0L and a Canon 100mm Macro.
Should be right around your budget, and can get close up and far away.

Unless you wanted a wide angle for close...I'm not sure whether you meant that. Then maybe a 35mm...I dono.

Man, that doesn't really sound like a problem. $1200 to shop. Hmmmm. Lets see. The 2 lenses sideburns mentioned are great. I would stretch your budget to a 50 f/1.8 and 85 f/1.8 over the 100 f/2.8 macro. Two for one. Can't go wrong with the 70-200 f/4 L. It is a superb lens for the price. If you want to improve your general zoom lens, than look at the better lenses in that range. Unfortunately, quality=$$$$. The best glass has an "L" attached to the end of it in most cases. Standard protrait, wedding lenses of superb quality are the EF 24-70 f/2.8 L, 70-200 f/2.8 L IS, EF-S 17-55 f/2.8 IS. EF 24-105 f/4 L IS, EF 16-35 f/2.8 L, EF 17-40 f/4 L. Prepare for sticker shock. All photos will require some degree of post-processing but the out-of-camera quality of these lenses leave little to be desired.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back