I'm A STAAARRRR!!!

Verbal

$100
Reaction score
Okay, not really. But anyway, this is such a big thing for me! As many of you know, I'm something of a musician. I play bass and guitar all the time, and I play percussion, a little piano, mandolin, and a little banjo. Anyway, there's a local band I dearly love called Lewis Wilde (I'm good friends with the band, but they're all in their late twenties with a drummer in his early fifties, but a great guy), and I am now their bassist! Not only that, we have a big gig coming up. On Dec 2nd we're playing a one hour set (which is long for me! :D longest ever, for me) which will be broadcast on the radio live!!! I am SO thrilled about this, it's a huge deal to me! I wrote the bass line for two or three of the songs as well, and I'm pretty proud of it. :mrgreen: Anyway, the radio station is a local one in Bellingham washington called KGMI, and I dunno if they have website or not but if so maybe you can catch the broadcast there.

I'M SO THRILLED!!!
For once I'm having a really good day. :mrgreen:

icondigital said:
that great news jon! way to go! :sun:
just a few more of the friends you dont have huh? :lmao:

haha, oh shush. These guys are just like 90% of all my other local friends... I see them when we're at the same even or something (church), but we don't hang out, and we don't really talk...just chit chat. I have tons of friends, but very few FRIENDS, if you get my meaning.

(I'm good friends with the band, but they're all in their late twenties with a drummer in his early fifties, but a great guy),

And what's this "BUT a great guy" stuff? So what is so bad about being fifty or so? I resemble that remark!

jstuedle said:
And what's this "BUT a great guy" stuff? So what is so bad about being fifty or so? I resemble that remark!

Haha! I bet myself you'd pick up on that. ;) It's just funny to me that I seem to snag friends who are my dad's age or near it, when my dad wouldn't be caught hanging out with anyone my age except for me and my sister.

Get this though... I thought this guy Mark was in his early thirties, and we have fun hanging out and chatting. Turns out he's 50, and has a GORGEOUS daughter my age. He found out how old I was, and now I think he may actually be trying to set us up... which I am TOTALLY okay with, lol! He suggested I invite her to my bible study next week, so we'll see how that goes. ;)

We have three grown kids. Cathy and I go out to clubs with the kids and I have shot several bands they like. (not my style of music, but that's OK) I did promo work for the bands at their weekly gigs. At first the kids were almost embarrassed to have Mom and Dad there, but there friends got to know us and we all had a lot of good times.

Haha, that's really awesome. I think it's great when generations can relate to each other in any way. My dad's a great guy, but he grew up in such a different environment that we just don't relate to each other at all. He's into old bluegrass and country and hates my music... and he's just never been much of a social bug in the first place.

He's into old bluegrass and country and hates my music...

I am a big fan of classic rock and roll. Clapton, Zeppelin, Santana, stuff like that. That's mostly what our kids heard at home while they grew up. Our oldest likes my music, R&B, blues. She is the most like me, Our son is into anything bad and loud :) I guess you would call it alternative with a little grunge pitched in for good measure. Our youngest likes classic rock and country. So there is a little of everything around our house. It get a little crazy from time to time.

Mmmm, grunge... :drool:

I have super eclectic musical taste actually. You'll find me listenin' to Ella Fitzgerald, Johnny Cash, Metallica, Dave Matthews, Mudvayne, Jack Johnson, Pearl Jam, Radiohead, Sparklehorse, etc... it's all good! I'll even turn on Black Eyed Peas or Outkast every now and then!

Congrats Jon!

You wanna talk ecclectic music tastes? I once bought an Alice Cooper tape and the Beauty and the Beast "Of Love and Hope" poetry/classical music tape at the same time. Oh, for those not sentient during the 80s. Beauty and the Beast was a TV show that Ron Pearlman starred in as a catman of sorts. He was the "beast" and the voice he used for that character was amazing. Any of the girls from the 80s will back me up on that!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back