I'm angry...

It is fair? Probably not.
I disagree. It is completely fair. You are not the owner. Pull up yer bootstraps until your camera arrives. I'm only guessing, but you are young and impatient and think that somebody owes you something. Hopefully with time, that type of thought process will pass. Make your own mark and stop relying on others. You are more than capable to make this happen. Your own camera will arrive soon enough, then this disjointed feeling of alienation will pass. Patience is a virtue.

Oh boy I would be furious, I mean it's just sitting there, waiting to be used.... I bet there are all kinds of things to photograph around your house!

:popcorn:

LOL there definitely are :) We just got a new dog tonight! She is GORGEOUS! I am DYING to get some good photos of her...

Oh well, will just have to wait until I get my camera next week! :)

Not the response I was shooting for :meh:

At least it's only a week away.

lol - the good night's sleep did help :) I did order my camera last night
I should have the body by Tuesday (hopefully) and by then she should also have her 18-200 lens... She did tell me she was going to give me her 18-55... That's all I need for right now, but I will be investing in a 50mm f/1.8, and a 55-250 canon lens as soon as my tax money comes in...

What Camera did u end up buying??

I ended up getting an XSi body. My mom said she was going to give me her 18-55 kit lens and now apparently she has changed her mind on that as well... Great... So I will have a body with no lens next week... Won't be able to order my 50mm 1.8 until I get my tax money...

Rawr!

It is fair? Probably not.
I disagree. It is completely fair. You are not the owner. Pull up yer bootstraps until your camera arrives. I'm only guessing, but you are young and impatient and think that somebody owes you something. Hopefully with time, that type of thought process will pass. Make your own mark and stop relying on others. You are more than capable to make this happen. Your own camera will arrive soon enough, then this disjointed feeling of alienation will pass. Patience is a virtue.

You hit the nail on the head... I am young and impatient and I'm spoiled... By my parents... I've always had everything I needed and most of what I wanted... I'm not super young (at least in my eyes), I am 24... So to many, I am still young, but I feel like I should already be past this impatience stage and getting what I want when I want it stage... Grr.. :(

;)
If you are serious about photography you will have to learn to be patient about some things!

Good luck.
I know people who never download their photos off the memory card ... b/c they think the pics will disappear somewhere.

Patience.

lol - you still think it's funny?? ;)

lol - you still think it's funny?? ;-)
yes
funniest part is that on PHOTO FORUM a non photo thread got over 6 responses and debates on if ur mom was right or not

^^
funniest part is that on PHOTO FORUM a non photo thread got over 6 responses and debates on if ur mom was right or not
so does that make us idiots to get the OP in the right mind set to see truth of ownership? That is a huge lesson for some people to understand. This is a comon delima. Poking fun at it isn't giving any great service.

If Mom can set down a few rules on how she wants you to handle, or use her camera. Maybe you can agree with her 'terms' and treat it real special!

If Mom can set down a few rules on how she wants you to handle, or use her camera. Maybe you can agree with her 'terms' and treat it real special!

Yea treat it special...when she's watching :p

Most reactions

Back