I'm back, but I need serious help!!!!

Well, of course I think about going digital all the time, but I won't do it until Nikon comes out with a convertion ratio of 1:1 with affordable price. I use my 20mm lens a lot, so I really want that 1:1 convertion ratio.

I only asked for scans, no prints. If I did, the price would have easily been doubled.
The technician said they use some sony machine instead of the Fuji. I think I will call around and find out which branch uses the Fuji then. Thx.

Still, it's a lot of trouble running around. Makes me think who's going to pay for my time to fix their problem(It's them who need to get things straight, not me)?

Ant said:
You'll end up with some Psycho following you around!! :shock: ........ :lol:

Well, actually, the "psychos" are often the ones I'm looking for :lol: My last good printer had some sort of obsession with Lee Harvey Oswald! He had me photograph him in the same pose as the infamous backyard pic of Oswald with his rifle :shock: !!! But man, he was a great printer....

Well, of course I think about going digital all the time, but I won't do it until Nikon comes out with a convertion ratio of 1:1 with affordable price. I use my 20mm lens a lot, so I really want that 1:1 convertion ratio.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I tooked around for a wide angle lens for my D70....and then I saw the price to get an effective 22mm........£700 :shock:

Fortunately I mostly use zoom so I'm happy because I get 450mm out of my 300mm lens :)

Yes its a sony system and I have had scans done with the fuji and the sony and I don't care the eye dont lie the fuji does a better job. You will have to find a store that uses the fuji because the are presured to use the equipment they have in their store because each store has to account for the work they do so if one store sends their work to another store then they lose part of that sale so they will try to tell you that system is as good as the fuji.

In your case you already have spent a lot of money so now you will have to spend more to have them scanned better. But I don't think they charge anymore to scan with the fuji than the sony system.

I went to another ritz and asked for 4 films to be printed. I will get them back tomorrow.

Problem is, if I prove that my films have nothing wrong with them, than I have to get them rescan right? I already had my films cut, which means they will now charge it by the strip, not by the roll. It will be twice the price! So even if I get refund from the first place, I will have to pay even more to get the other place to scan them for me!!!

The other place said they can't do anything for me to deal with the first place because they have different store managers. Now, how do I go about doing this without having to pay more than I should? I have already wasted hours driving to different places and I really don't want to waste anymore time/energy and of course money.

Do you think contacting Ritz's HQ will help at all?

molested_cow said:
I went to another ritz and asked for 4 films to be printed. I will get them back tomorrow.

Problem is, if I prove that my films have nothing wrong with them, than I have to get them rescan right? I already had my films cut, which means they will now charge it by the strip, not by the roll. It will be twice the price! So even if I get refund from the first place, I will have to pay even more to get the other place to scan them for me!!!

No, if you can prove it go back to first store and ask to have them rescanned, if they refuse, call Ritz national customer sever office, if you still get no satisfaction then bad mouth them to everyone you know

Also you may what to look in to getting a film scanner

If you have them done with the fuji system and it proves to be better quality then they should redo them for you at no charge. Them being cut really makes no difference other than the fact it might take them a little longer to scan them since they have to go from one strip to the other. The only reason you pay more for cut negs is they have to work a little longer on scanning them.

call Ritz national customer sever office

hehehehe... that might be a little extreme... i didn't know that companies had offices for severing. :lol: :p

joking aside... i'm all over complaining to a higher power. i got free furniture for it once... (not from a photo lab though)

$180us for 20 rolls of film is really expensive. Here in canada its $3cdn to develop and $3cdn for the 24 prints, and $4 cdn for a picture cd. so if you just go with the developing and scanning, it would only be $140 cdn which is $105us.

It makes sense to buy a digital camera and use it for most of your pictures and then use your film camera for the wide angle ones. The money you save in developing/cd's and the negative scanner would pay for the digital camera. Also you would be taking more pictures than you normally would since you woudlnt be worried about developing costs. Just a thought. :0)

LizM said:
I gave up on Ritz/Wolf years ago - they did nothing but overcharge me and screw up my pics!!! :pissed:

Not to mention some of the worst cumstomer service in the galaxy. They are rude and never want to answer any questions. I shop elsewhere no matter what.

Well, some good news.

I went to the second shop to collect my test prints, and it turns out that my films are alright. so I told the manager my problems with the other store, and he offered to rescan my films at reduced rate.... actually, he's only charging by the CD, means it's less than $30 in total!!!!!

So I went back to the first shop to get the refund. The real manager was there( the guy I was talking to the last time wasn't the manager). So the manager was cool and refunded the scanning fees and I reminded him of the problems I had with the scans. Well I hope he will learn from the failure and make sure other scans will be alright.

So at least I get back what I wanted. Although I will have reserve going back to the first shop, I am not pissed with them.

Regarding going to digital.... well, I don't want to spend money on something that doesn't do exactly what I want. I mean, why should I bring 2 cameras with me? I know the pros do it, but I am just doing it as a hobby. Also, I will eventually get a digital one when my desired one comes out, so I rather wait for it. It's not so much about money sometimes, it's about not wanting to waste equipment. If I get the D70 now, then another one later, the I will have to sell the D70. That's a bit unnecessary. Now that I am back in school, I will have almost no chance of going out to take pictures, so my camera gets to rest for a while, so does my wallet. :eek:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back