Im back from holiday, and need your lots help again.

Artemis

Just Punked Himself
Reaction score
Website
www.falcon-eye.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Im back from holls YAY! :p
And i was wonderin if i could have you lots help.

I talked to a teacher from school, and asked them if they would be interested in purchasing any of my pictures.

Well the teacher i talked to, who is nice and i know very well, has agreed.

Now i just need some help in how much should i charge per pic, and how to present myself, any usefull info :p

Thanks guys :)

Hey! Why do you want to sell your photos? For cash only? Sorry I have no idea how much do pictures cost :) But if they are digital, give your customers a CD or floppy with this picture

hehe, Well cash is a good thing but not essential, getting known is my first prioty.

I use a photo album, and they are SLR pics so quality is good, any ideas?

Can we see the the pictures that you are about to sell? Do you have them online?

I have only sold two pictures before. One was something I shot on my own time, I printed a 5x7 at london drugs, gave it a black matte and one of those plain glass frames that cost like .93cents. Then I put it on the wall at a local corner store for $20.00, yah I know its cheap, but I didn't think it would be worth anymore coming from someone no one has heard of..
The second one was one I shot at a horse event.. I put together a sequence for one of the riders, printed an 11x14 and gave it a black matte, sold that one for $40 dollars, only reason was because the printing costed more.
My rule of thumb so far has been what ever it costs.. double it..

hope that helped :D

Only you can decide what your images are worth. The cost of materials, processes, time, etc... is a good starting point.

You should present your photos as close to finished as possible, meaning matted or matted and framed. And of course include your materials and time costs for the matting and framing in the price.

ksmattfish said:
The cost of materials, processes, time, etc... is a good starting point.

Yup! Calculate that first and depending on who your target market is add the cost with the percentage you like.

Say if it is for your friends, Cost x 2%
For strangers Cost x 10%.

The percentage is what you have to decide. Since you are starting out it is recommended that you charge low price (after the cost is covered) until you built your brand.

Thanks guys.

I was talking to my mum, and says try to charge nothing, qand give the pics on loan, so that they are mine, and so I can get known....that a good idea? for beginner anyways.

I think that sounds like a neat/interesting idea b/c if they really like 'em, then they'll offer to pay for 'em so it can really be "theirs"
Meanwhile, other people may notice and inquire about who the photographer is.
I definitely agree with presenting them either matted and/or framed, giving them a much more professional look!

Good Luck!

As a rule when I sell a photo i usually start like any other product you buy where the cost to make is fairly inexpensive and you want to make a profit. If it cost you $5 to make then charge $10 for it and so on. Just double what it cost you. Thats just a starting point though. Photos are like any creative media you can charge whatever you want. But if you want to make a little money and get your work out there just charge double what it cost you to make.

Most reactions

Back