I'm Back!

lazarus219 said:
The tones of this image was one of the things i liked about it,

As to why i dont use photoshop- im one of the believers that photoshop (after a certain extent) kinda takes away from photography, i prefer to do thnigs right when i take the photo, and use photoshop as a little tool for slight corrections,
Good for you; stick to your guns. ;)

I think the tone here is perfect. Water over rocks should have a cool blue effect, and this gray-blue is awesome! :thumbup: If I'd taken this with B&W film and wanted to tone it blue, I'd be going for an effect just like this. A few shadows are a bit blocked up here, but overall it's very nice.

Good work! :)

i like it. i wouldnt worry about he overexposed parts or the shadows. IMHO it is nice to have sometimes. i think it makes pictures less murky.

I like this photo, it makes me feel at ease and relaxed, it looks very tranquil and i can hear the water lol, good job

I agreed with everyone. What effect did u use? Is this an actual water fall or u take close (extreme close) up?

lazarus219 said:
As to why i dont use photoshop- im one of the believers that photoshop (after a certain extent) kinda takes away from photography, i prefer to do thnigs right when i take the photo, and use photoshop as a little tool for slight corrections,

I think the -overuse- of PS is what you mean. As far as I know, it's the best tool for just about all photo stuff. And using to to adjust curves, burn/dodge, and so on, doesn't seem outside the realm of what's acceptable for "photography."

Generally, I think I know what you're getting at -- people who use PS to dramatically alter an image are really making more of what I'd consider a "digital image" than a photograph. Obviously, there's a tremendous grey area (is a digital image really a photo?), but I think the key is in remaining faithful to the intentions and possibilities of the original process.

first thing, where do you live? because i find it extraordinary to just go outside your "flat" and take such photos. it must be paradise :)

now about the pic (that's what i call photos usually, no refrence to quality here). i think long exposures are best suited for large quantities of water maybe at low speeds too. here i would have used a very short exposure to get those drops in mid-flight. maybe it's the same but why not try? maybe a little flash too to lift those shadows, but i'm not too sure about it.

of course, nice pic.

now, about the OT, photoshop. its pourpose is to help you recreate the scene you saw and lived on what the camera recorded. i am technically against any other kind of manipulation in photoshop but if it is done properly i accept it. conclusion:leave it to choice.

At first I thought it looked as if smoke was rising off of the rocks and then It looked as if there was this magical water fountain. I love the picture

Most reactions

Back