I'm buying cameras again

Battou

TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just bought another Canon AE-1 w/50mm 1.8. I'll be giving that to my GF. I'm also planning to buy another AE-1 from the local antique shop for my self on saterday or sunday, That has with it an Canon FD 28mm 2.8 , Canon 35mm 3.5, Canon FD 50mm 1.8, stunning Canon FD 100-300mm, bag, and various filters and misc stuffs. That's going to cost me well over $150 (USD) and all I really want is that 100-300mm, that is worth a hundred and fifty by it self to me.

The Canon FD 28mm 2.8 , Canon 35mm 3.5, Canon FD 50mm 1.8 I alredy have, But having the duplicates will be useful now as my GF wants to explore photography her self. I also alredy have an AE-1 body but, it's crap and has actually been officially retired from service when I got my TLb. It squeels with the canon squeek, the eyepeice is broken, seals are toast and the meter is dying. I'll prolly phence that off for parts to hopfully take the sting out of this months purchasses. :D

I'll post Pics upon aquisition.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
That 100-300 Canon lens is great. You'll love it.

I still have my AE1, had two A1 and traded them away. Good pictures takers.

That 100-300 Canon lens is great. You'll love it.

I still have my AE1, had two A1 and traded them away. Good pictures takers.

I know, when I first saw it I could not help me self and I put it on my TLb right there in the antique shop, absolutely fabulous condition it's in....I wanted to buy it right there but the vender refuses to separate it from the set. at the time I really did not have any reason to spend money I technically did not have on duplicating three lenses and a body I alredy had.

Yes, the AE-1 will take great pictures and I have gotten some real winners out of the one I have now, but truthfully I was never fond of it. It just has shortcommings that my EF does not. However despite that I constantly recommend the AE-1 to beginners for several reasons, My GF is no exception in this. I figure I'll take this oppertunity to grab my self a new one as well. With the extra lenses that come with it, I'll have extra lenses available and won't have to worry about fighting over the 28mm to justify buying the whole setup for that 100-300 :blushing:

Sadly after this purchase I might have to stop and start saving for an FD 400mm 2.8 L, I found a couple and now I want them......both.

This sucks, this has never happened to me before.

I went down to by the setup yesterday after work and some one had bought it earlier in the day wile I was at work...dammit, Owell, I'll just have to Ebay me another one, I guess.

:( Sorry! That sucks.

Well, I was the one who hesitated. Countless times I have delayed well over a month (almost six with my Leica) and they have always been there. I guess it was going to happen sometime or another. I'm actually becoming rather well known locally. People who don't know my name call me the camera guy :lol:. I guess the fact I use similar gear is possibly rubbing off on some of those who have been wanting to get into this field.

After all, I do say "If you are just starting out, hit up E-bay or the antique shop and find an AE-1".

It's my own fault, Have no one to blame but my self.

I still got the one from E-bay so I'll live, maybe I'll look E-bay over for a new EF as a backup, I do prefer that body after all.

The first camera arrived this morning, I'll pick it up after work today or tomorrow. I'm currently stalking three bodies on E-bay so we'll see have to see how that goes.

Psst... hey, kid! You wanna buy some cameras?

camcol.jpg

Is that a Norita on the second shelf?

ummmm.... can I be your girlfriend? :lol:

but really... i'm a little biased, but all that equipment sounds pretty awesome.

I think buying cameras is addictive... Maybe I need to start haunting thrift stores...

I think buying cameras is addictive... Maybe I need to start haunting thrift stores...

Large scale antique shops are killer, I have seen atleast one of almost every camera ksmattfish has in that picture at the one locally.

I bought some of my favorite peices there

Large scale antique shops are killer, I have seen atleast one of almost every camera ksmattfish has in that picture at the one locally.

I bought some of my favorite peices there

Interesting the ones my mom used to drag me through never had cameras.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back