I'm dumb. Don't do this noobs.

You didn't check the print before you paid for it?
How's our [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Twin-Sons-Different-Mothers-Fogelberg/dp/B0012GMVP8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1228437739&sr=1-3"]Mother [/ame]doing these days?

Maybe that's a bit harsh. Creepy? Balding guy that doesn't even look 30 with shifty eyes and he's wearing the standard Ritz uniform of white shirt and black pants, accessorised by a black leather biker jacket. No, not like a real motorcycle jacket, the ones with all the buckles and zippers that you generally see people that don't even ride wear.

And he really was a dick. I had the same guy try tell me that I had to have a 40D and that it was so much better than my 30D when he found out what camera I had. He was acting like he knew everything about everything.

You're probably right, I mean you know the guy and I don't. Maybe if he any any sense he would have noticed that one print was totally different than the rest and asked if that was how you wanted it. Maybe he was a real asshole and noticed, but did not say anything on purpose.

How's our Mother doing these days?

You were trying for this...

Congratulations! You've just won The Most Pointless Post of the Day Award for December 4, 2008!

Keep up the good work. :popcorn:

I thought it was hilarious.

The truth is, no matter how much you don't like it or don't want to hear it, your problem is your problem. YOU, screwed up--Three times

1) You didn't check your work
2) You didn't check work done for you
3) You didn't provide the product for the client

Nobody to "blame" but yourself.

Now you can either call names and get all upset, or learn from the experience and benefit from your mistakes by checking your work in the future. No big deal, just move on.

Kundalini,

Mom's doing fine. It's the sense of humor that drives her.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Asshole at Ritz didn't say anything either.

Ever worked in a photo lab? I worked in a full service, pro film lab (everything except K14 done in house, up to 4x5 format) before digital really took over. I got really tired of explaining to know-it-alls that they have made a mistake. If I tell them they goofed I'm the asshole. If I print it the way they instructed I'm the asshole. It's a no win situation. It's why good lab techs find another job where they don't have to deal with photographers.

Ever worked in a photo lab? I worked in a full service, pro film lab (everything except K14 done in house, up to 4x5 format) before digital really took over. I got really tired of explaining to know-it-alls that they have made a mistake. If I tell them they goofed I'm the asshole. If I print it the way they instructed I'm the asshole. It's a no win situation. It's why good lab techs find another job where they don't have to deal with photographers.

No, but if it would have been pointed out, I would have asked if there was a way he could edit it and place the image on an 8x12 backdrop and printed it so It could be cut correctly. That or I would have at least acknowledged that I screwed up and thanked him for pointing it out and fixed the problem and came back another day.

I was in a hurry and didn't even check. Normally I do. Normally though, when am in need of a print that night, I'll drive the extra distance and hit up the store where my friend works. He actually cares about who works for him and when he has employees that just don't cut it, he gets rid of them.

Also, if I've ever had a problem with a crop, their order system prompts you to adjust how you would like the photo viewed. Maybe it's because the photo printed was almost a square and not a normal crop that it didn't detect it.

I thought it was hilarious.

The truth is, no matter how much you don't like it or don't want to hear it, your problem is your problem. YOU, screwed up--Three times

1) You didn't check your work
2) You didn't check work done for you
3) You didn't provide the product for the client

Nobody to "blame" but yourself.

Now you can either call names and get all upset, or learn from the experience and benefit from your mistakes by checking your work in the future. No big deal, just move on.

Kundalini,

Mom's doing fine. It's the sense of humor that drives her.

1) Checked it. It was edited and cropped as intended.
2) Correct.
3) Client still had the product delivered via e-mail to the person desinging the flyers. The print was just a little something extra since he was also a friend.

And obviously the humor in the TMPPotDA was lost...

1. Bob makes a mistake.
2. Jim does not fix Bob's mistake.
3. Bob calls Jim an asshole.

I dunno...something's out of whack here.

Jon

ok...complete noob as i am i made this mistake too. had quick print of my sister done and just didnt do the leg work to make sure it would prinit right. (quite frankly, i was just starting to play with the hobby and didnt realize it wouldn't print the way it looked on my computer...which is funny all by itself) i ended up with her head cut-off! i thought it was awful of the lab until somebody pointed out that it was a quite good picture of a dress. perspective is amazing!

My photos getting cropped when printing had annoyed me, I couldn't figure out why, would someone happen to have a useful link for printing info?

Sorry to hear about your trouble village, kinda suit the name now tho :p lol

My photos getting cropped when printing had annoyed me, I couldn't figure out why, would someone happen to have a useful link for printing info?
There is no useful link. For 8x10 photo, you crop to 8x10. For 4x6, you crop to 4x6. It's just a ratio.

my ritz is amazing, i just came back from the store and its the best customer service i have ever had. a lady helped me try out cameras, then she even offered to help me for an hour every week to learn all of the functions.

Most reactions

Back