I'm going to go back to film for a bit...

The Barbarian

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
At a flea market, I found this:
49657056417_8879593e90_b.jpg

"Would you give me $20 for it?"

Well, yes I would. Turns out, it's actually a medical Pen F with an circular viewing screen with crosshairs. It will show focus, kinda. I can get a regular focusing screen installed for about $200.

I'm experimenting now, to see how much I really need it.

I believe the medical model was made specifically to be attached to a microscope, so focus has been modified for that type of setup.

The lens alone is worth more than $20

The finder screen is a circle with a reticle. It seems to focus fine, although the lack of any focusing aid on the screen makes it less handy,and of course, only see part of the actual image. I can get the screen changed for about $200. When I get the results back, I'm going to make that decision.

I also discovered that the Impossible group now has the Polaroid name, and is making Polaroid film again. I got a pack and I'm going to trying out my old SX-70 shortly.

I believe the medical model was made specifically to be attached to a microscope, so focus has been modified for that type of setup.

Yep. I have the microscope attachment, which wires to the PC port to go to whatever light they used:
49594213691_aca5ebc731_b.jpg

On the plus side, these cameras apparently have a lot less wear on them than most of the other models. I can't find any flaw on it, and it works beautifully.
I'm just going to have to wait to get the film processed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back