Xmetal

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For a Wedding/Portrait Photography job!

Just for interests sake I wrote down all the questions they asked over the phone...

Name?

Address?

number? Mobile

What are you looking for in the job?

Are you up for working 5 Saturdays in a row?

Goal In Life?

Career In photography?

What photography Book have you read recently?

You will be required to purchase a Canon EOS 30D Digital SLR, Lens and 580EX flash: valued at $3000.

Seems pretty full on but I told them everything they need to know and gave them a shortlist of my camera arsenal.

Here's hoping I land the job. :)

I was thinking that the client was asking for specific equipment, but are you applying for work for a photographer/studio? I could understand it if they wanted things standardized. A client asking for specific equipment is just strange.

Good luck!

It's a studio job, i'm assuming they need a 30D because it has outputs for strobes - could be anyone's guess

Good luck! I'm sure if you eventually want to break off and do that sort of work on your own you'll want that equipment anyway.
btw, I'm going to be buying a 580 EX really soon. I'm not sure where I should make the purchase though! Advice anyone?

AprilRamone said:
Good luck! I'm sure if you eventually want to break off and do that sort of work on your own you'll want that equipment anyway.
btw, I'm going to be buying a 580 EX really soon. I'm not sure where I should make the purchase though! Advice anyone?

B&H (www.bhphotovideo.com) or Adorama (www.adorama.com) are the two big players. Canon sets its prices for its vendors, so you're not going to find more than a few dollars difference no matter where you go (unless it's gray market). I almost always go through B&H, and have had great experiences with them.

Xmetal said:
You will be required to purchase a Canon EOS 30D Digital SLR, Lens and 580EX flash: valued at $3000.
I'd have a few questions to ask them about this.

Most reactions

Back