I'm just like, SO healthy, you know?

Trig said:
Drool.

Malt Loaf was my 10second-breakfast yesterday! (with butter ;))

Ferny, are you male or female? ... I'm guessing female, but someone said you were male earlier, on, and you didn't question it.

After checking... male.

If you want recipes for Eccles cakes, malt loaf or toad in the hole, Corry, just ask. I'd offer to send you some but they don't travel....
Gary Rhodes has the best Malt Loaf recipe that I know of. I can't find it on the BBC Food site though. That is where I got it from. The only problem with home-made Malt Loaf is the cost. When you compare it to the shop bought ones it's very very very expensive. Even if it taste 500% nicer.

Today I've had two slices of toast with Marmite for breakfast and four Frankfurters (very slim smoked hotdogs) with onions in a roll. That's all.

you made me feel hungry now :)
btw. I have never heard about doule deckers... you see here as "double deckers" we call stupid people :)

mentos_007 said:
you made me feel hungry now :)
btw. I have never heard about doule deckers... you see here as "double deckers" we call stupid people :)

Double-deckers are what we English call two story buses and as the chocolate bar has two layers hence the name. Stupid people we call 'window lickers'. :wink:

ferny said:
Trig said:
Drool.

Ferny, are you male or female? ... I'm guessing female, but someone said you were male earlier, on, and you didn't question it.

After checking... male.

You had to check? That's worrying.

core_17 said:
Window lickers???? That's definately one I'd never heard!

Same here.

mad_malteaser said:
ferny said:
Trig said:
Drool.

After checking... male.

You had to check? That's worrying.

It's been a bit cold. It could have fallen off between then and the last time I saw it.

toadinthehole.jpg

Looks like Bubble & Squeek to me!

Toad in the Hole to me is a slice of bread with the centre cut out with an egg in the middle that's pan-fryed.

Xmetal said:
toadinthehole.jpg

Looks like Bubble & Squeek to me!

Toad in the Hole to me is a slice of bread with the centre cut out with an egg in the middle that's pan-fryed.

Bubble and squeak is left-over mashed potatoes and cabbage fried in a pan with bacon! Do'nt any of you foreigners know how to cook properly? You'll be saying you've never had a Sally Lunn next! :mrgreen:

What's a 'Sally Lunn'?

Just remember Hertz, Everyone has their own take on what certain types of foods are.

You might call McDonalds fries 'French Fries'...I call them Hot Chips. :D ;)

Xmetal said:
What's a 'Sally Lunn'?

Just remember Hertz, Everyone has their own take on what certain types of foods are.

You might call McDonalds fries 'French Fries'...I call them Hot Chips. :D ;)

:wink: I know, really. It's called a wind-up, mate.
We just call french fries 'chips'. Sally Lunn is a type of Yorkshire teacake (I hear another question coming on...)
:mrgreen:

Xmetal said:
And the Cricket season is just getting under way! :twisted:

Hard to believe we invented bl**dy cricket, isn't it? Still - we're not as crap as the West Indies at the moment :LOL:

Most reactions

Back