I'm large

I'm 6'4", my normal walking around weight is 200-205 and I get down to about 190 for races.

6.2 down to 180. Not sure about that. That sounds to thin to me.

It's based on some stupid chart from the 50's. BMI doesn't account for your build. I have huge shoulders and big frame. Even when I was 19 and was in peak physical condition, abs and everything, I still topped out at 210-220.

No, that's a good target. For reference here's a picture of Matt Reed, a professional triathlete that's 6'5" and 180. As you can see he's carrying a good bit of muscle mass, probably around 7% bodyfat, and obviously looks very healthy: http://cdn.triathlon.competitor.com/files/2010/09/Reednilsen.jpg

So at 6'2" and 180 that would probably put you around 10-12%. You'd be in a really good spot, in fact you'd still have love handles so you certainly wouldn't be "too thin". I can tell you from personal experience that when I'm at 190 (I'm 6'4") I still have excessive fat around my waistline.

6 4"*** 209LB ***11.5 feet (UK) // 12%BF

Quite alot of the lads on here are actually really tall guys, something about photography must just make us grow!

Not bragging, not happy about it, really don't like not being able to go to the store and buy what looks good to me. I'm 6' 4", 290 lbs, wear a 60" coat and 42" pants, 13 6E shoes and have to have ties made to fit. Am I the lone ranger or are there others here who do not fit the norm?

6'3" tall, 18 1/2 inch neck, always been built like a tank - even at 6'3" I look "stocky" because I'm not just tall, I'm wide as well. Funny thing though, I never though of myself as "big", I am in fact the runt of the litter, the smallest man in my family (well height wise at least). It's a bear to find clothes that fit, nobody builds a cell phone that my huge gorilla hands can work properly, on screen keyboards suck (one of the reasons the thought of a DSLR with "touch screen" makes me cringe).

So yup, get where your coming from my friend. There is some solace though - I never have to ask anyone else to open a jar, or get something from the top shelf.

Not one dick joke so far?

I am 6'2" 240lbs. My dietician says I should be down to 180 but I'd have to cut off a leg to get below 220. Oh and 13 EE shoes.

I'm 6', 185lbs, and everyone keeps telling me I need to lose weight. (I probably could lose 10 or 15 pounds...)

What really annoys me is that I can never find shirts that fit. I have long arms and a long torso, I guess. A medium would probably fit me, but I have to wear XL or it's too short. Sometimes even they are too short. Large shirts barely cover my belt - and my pant's aren't hanging off my ass, lol. I get Large Tall if I can find it, but Tall sizes are hard to find sometimes.

Edit
I have an XL shirt on now, and if i raise my arms level to the ground you can see my belt. It makes it impossible to ever tuck a shirt in.

Last edited:
Not one dick joke so far?

I am 6'2" 240lbs. My dietician says I should be down to 180 but I'd have to cut off a leg to get below 220. Oh and 13 EE shoes.

I'm 6', 185lbs, and everyone keeps telling me I need to lose weight. (I probably could lose 10 or 15 pounds...)

What really annoys me is that I can never find shirts that fit. I have long arms and a long torso, I guess. A medium would probably fit me, but I have to wear XL or it's too short. Sometimes even they are too short. Large shirts barely cover my belt - and my pant's aren't hanging off my ass, lol. I get Large Tall if I can find it, but Tall sizes are hard to find sometimes.

Lol.. I know what you mean. Every pair of pants I own I have to buy a waist size at least 3 to 4 sizes bigger than my actual waist so my legs will fit. I haven't had a pair of pants I could wear without a belt since I was a teenager. Shirts are just as bad, anything I can put on that doesn't choke me half to death looks like I'm wearing a tent. Shoes are hard to find too - most stores don't stock anything nearly wide enough for my gunboats.

Edit
I have an XL shirt on now, and if i raise my arms level to the ground you can see my belt. It makes it impossible to ever tuck a shirt in.

I have this exact problem, and my wife never misses an opportunity to point out that my crack is showing. Never. Not ever.

I'm 6'3" (I'm shrinking due to a curved spine...) and about 220. This past April, I was somewhere near 265-270. Still not a small guy, and still have some flab to burn, but getting there. Definitely feel a lot better without that 40-50 pounds hanging around.

6' 2" 280lb. Recently dropped 15 lbs since being diagnosed Type 2 diabetic. Hard going as I still like food and beer.

Same same, except I am 250, I am still trying to recover from being in a coma for 6 weeks 3 years ago.
My dogs have been relentless on getting me up and moving.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back