I'm Looking for Canon d30 3.25mp

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCanonMan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello back in 2000 Canon made a digital slr called D30 3.25mp camera. Well I am looking for one I'm looking to spend $250.00-300.00 All I need is the body and cables no lens unless you have one to toss in for free. Email me at [email protected] and let me know thanks all.

TheCanonMan said:
Hello back in 2000 Canon made a digital slr called D30 3.25mp camera. Well I am looking for one I'm looking to spend $250.00-300.00 All I need is the body and cables no lens unless you have one to toss in for free. Email me at [email protected] and let me know thanks all.

It seems you posted this in the wrong forum. This is the collectible forum and your want ad needed to be in the classifieds.

I'd move it but I ain't got the powers to be... Any 'gods' up there willing to do it? :lol:

Well this is not a camera that most people use any more. So most people that have one are keeping them as a collectible.

TheCanonMan said:
Well this is not a camera that most people use any more. So most people that have one are keeping them as a collectible.

That might be your own interpretation but the term 'collectible' refers to something that's at least 25 years old.

If we're talking about, say, an old rangefinder Canon then yes, that would be a collectible. But if you wanted to purchase one or get one for free (he..he.. good luck with that!!!:lmao: ) then you should still post it in the right place, the classifieds.

Early Digital years and Dog years are about the same, so the D30 would like 35 years

I’ll take a shot at this from memory. It has an extremely slow shutter lag time, that the time between pushing button and the shutter firing. From that perspective it would be fine for landscape and studio work. This problem continued with the D60, but was eliminated with 10D.

The 3mp is the next issue. Most people would say it’s too low to make prints larger that 8x12. IMO with idea lighting and good lens you should be able to good larger. What most people do not realize is that on line prints like Kodak, Mpix and etc use enhancement software. They use them so lower MP camera can still produce good images.

Maybe I just dont see why you are so trying to bust my balls over this Minica. The last time we talked you where a nice guy maybe I was not seing you in the full light

TheCanonMan said:
Maybe I just dont see why you are so trying to bust my balls over this Minica. The last time we talked you where a nice guy maybe I was not seing you in the full light

I'm not trying to bust your b**ls. :confused: I just think that you have misplaced the post. Really, digital cameras are not yet collectibles.

And your comment about not seeing me in the full light has no place here. If you want to insult me any way you like and please, fire a PM and we'll take it from there.

Peace now.

Well, that shows everyone who you are.

I never try to pick a fight, I like helping fellow photographers in the Collectible field. What do you do on this Forum? Anything important aside from making obscene offers to buy equipment and trying to pick a fight?

The truth of it is that a mass produced, nothing special camera made in the last few years really doesn't qualify as a collectible unless you're talking about a limited production camera such as a custom ordered Leica. Mitica is correct. Collectible would be over 25 years old with vintage and antique classifications following in age.

CanonMan - you have a PM.

You are the one that started on me not me on you. All you had to do was drop it from the start and let this work it's self out but you just had to tell me that I was in the wrong if I was or not who cares. The thing I'm trying to make a point over is the way you where acting about it Telling me I was in the wrong right from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back