I'm looking for wedding photographer in northern NJ, what to ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And why do you want them for 6-7 hours, get them to shoot the main shots and place a disposable camera on every table and collect at the end of the wedding

Sarcasm right?

No, 6-7 hour is rdiculous

Not really. 1 hour before, minimum, more if your doing getting ready photos, so there's up to 2 hours right there. 30 minute ceremony, an hour min for family group photos (if traveling to another location), 3-4 hour reception. There's 5 1/2 to 8 hours right there.

Spending 5 bucks for a crappy disposable camera that inherently take crappy shots, along with people usually handing them to children and taking photos down their pants, and then having to spend $$ to develop and print said crappy photos is a ridiculous idea this day and age. There's a large chunk of money better spent on a real photographer.

OP, you can also do something like this - Photo Sharing Cards... - Project Wedding Forums
I did this at mine and got hundreds of awesome photos. I used Moo mini cards with engagement photos on one side and a "I'd love to see your photos! share at flickr, sign in ______wedding and password _____ etc.

Have you tried posting a ad on Craigslist under Photo/Video? Also when you do get a Photographer he or she will probably would want to arrive early so he or she can lay out the area, setup the equipment and etc.

Sarcasm right?

No, 6-7 hour is rdiculous

Not really. 1 hour before, minimum, more if your doing getting ready photos, so there's up to 2 hours right there. 30 minute ceremony, an hour min for family group photos (if traveling to another location), 3-4 hour reception. There's 5 1/2 to 8 hours right there.

Spending 5 bucks for a crappy disposable camera that inherently take crappy shots, along with people usually handing them to children and taking photos down their pants, and then having to spend $$ to develop and print said crappy photos is a ridiculous idea this day and age. There's a large chunk of money better spent on a real photographer.
6-7 hours is a VERY short day for a wedding photographer!

If I were you, I'd hire a pro for 2 hours with your budget, and barter with someone for the additional getting ready/reception coverage. That way you can have some quality images, and give someone else some experience as well. I really wouldnt want to risk a photographer that would do it for that price - and just have your fingers crossed they turn out.

Good luck!

I'll do it! I'll do it! You just have to send me a plane ticket from Houston to Jersey and pay for a Hotel. Then Ill take all the money I make and go blow it in New york the next day!

I agree with less hours and doing the IMPORTANT stuff in that time. Let your friends and family shoot the party part of it. Yes, cutting the cake is important, but... wedding PORTRAITS of you & your spouse, your wedding party and family are more important. If you can find someone to do a 2 to 4 hour shoot and in that time BE READY when they arrive, do a portrait shoot, the wedding and a quick after shoot of the high end stuff you'll get more quality and beautiful for your buck than having someone to shoot from getting ready thru reception.

Ok, after careful consideration we've increased our budget to no more than $2000. 2 hour video coverage a plus! any recommendations?

Ok, after careful consideration we've increased our budget to no more than $2000. 2 hour video coverage a plus! any recommendations?
Yes. Do your homework! Approach this the way you would hire any other professional you were considering for a major, personal project, such as a contractor to build you a new home. Check your local Yellow Pages, and search websites in your area. Look carefully at the work in their portfolio and their description of their services, style, etc. THEN, when you have narrowed it down to 3-4 possibles, call up each and arrange an interview. Do not be shy, don't try and hide anything. Explain your situation fully and tell them what you want and why you are considering them. If you don't get a good feeling, or something doesn't 'click', just tell them that you don't think it will work and move to the next person on the list. They should do the same.

spam reported

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back