I'm looking for your opinion...

RowmyF

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've been M.I.A. for a while ..but I was looking for an opinion on this shot...

I like how the sun haze kind of fades the husband into the background and the picture is all about HER. I'd love some opinions though.

DSC_0140_1.jpg

I like how the sun haze kind of fades the husband into the background and the picture is all about HER. I'd love some opinions though.

Well... I understand what you mean, but I'm just not buying it. The pose doesn't suggest this is a portrait of just her.

BTW... is he really THAT tall, or is he standing on something?

-Pete

I agree, here I think it is rather distracting, and unless they are getting divorced or something I don't personally understand the shot being all about her.

The hands seem to be showing connection, yet his face is distant. It does appear as well that his body language seems to be a bit stiff. It looks like he is straight or almost leaning back instead of leaning into her which is what I would expect from that arm position.

I agree. If he were looking away from the camera, then perhaps, but he's smiling and posing, presumably as he was directed to do, so how can it not be about him too?

I like your setting a lot, though.

I've got to agree with the others: Sure, it makes the images 'about her'... but it's quite obvious the image is supposed to be about them both, as a couple.

You could probably bump the contrast and add localized contrast/clarity to him and undo the effect to a certain extent. Another option might be to PS the shot into a 'old school looking' photograph.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back