I'm new and need guidance...

blutiful

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am somewhat embarrassed to post my pics here along with all the absolutely gorgeous shots I've seen so far. However, I would like to improve and I cant do that without help.

I'm here to learn. So,....teach me :) (please)

ontheboardwalk.jpg

I think you have a wonderful shot here. If it were mine I would bump the levels just a hair, but that's just MHO. :thumbsup:

What exactly would you like to learn?? This is a wonderful shot. I love how the sidewalk line seems to go on forever. The colors are great and the clarity is sharp. I don't know that I'd change a thing.

Great work!!

jonmikal said:
I think you have a wonderful shot here. If it were mine I would bump the levels just a hair, but that's just MHO. :thumbsup:

Thank you. I actually did adjust the colors a little bit and made them a little more vibrant than they were. It seemed kind of dark and washed out before (can a pic be both of those things at the same time?).

hobbes28 said:
What exactly would you like to learn?? This is a wonderful shot. I love how the sidewalk line seems to go on forever. The colors are great and the clarity is sharp. I don't know that I'd change a thing.

Great work!!

I havent really had anyone with any experience available to tell me if what I thought was a good shot, was actually good. It's been hard to figure out what areas I need to work on, or how I could make the shot better.

With joining this forum, I'm hoping to learn all the little details that you all already seem to know. The tips and tricks of taking great photographs...I need help on everything, determining the best lighing, angles, focus/DOF...

So any advice or critiques anyone can give me is greatly appreciated!

You'll love it here. IMO, my photography has increased tremendously since joining. Everyone here gives you help to improve. It's a nice little community we have here.

Always remember that your hardest critic is yourself.

I think it's a great shot, you might be a little over critical because it's yours...but thats how things should be, you should always find things you want to improve in your own work.

That's a great shot blutiful. I like the perspective. What I would have done compositionally is to make the photo end at the vanishing point of the walkway. IE, pan right a bit so the walkway meets the left edge of the photo.

That's just what I would have done. I like your version too. I agree a tad brighter wouldn't hurt.

Digital Matt said:
That's a great shot blutiful. I like the perspective. What I would have done compositionally is to make the photo end at the vanishing point of the walkway. IE, pan right a bit so the walkway meets the left edge of the photo.

That's just what I would have done. I like your version too. I agree a tad brighter wouldn't hurt.

Thanks for your advise, Matt, JonMikel and for your kind words everyone.

I have enjoyed lurking on this forum for a little bit and am excited to get out there and put some of your tips to good use. I wish I could sneak out of the office today... :lol:

Most reactions

Back