I'm new at this, help....

MiniMoose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi people, I'm new to this forum and hoping to get some help.... My English isn't great since I'm from Belgium...
The main thing is, I'm really interested in photography.... I have just bought a Canon EOS 1100D and am trying to take nice pictures with it...
I need to learn a lot and hope you can help me take great pics with it...
This is the first time ever I have visited a forum and am curious to get to know how everything works...
Hope to get to know some of you soon....

Welcome to TPF! :thumbup:

1 . Read the 1100D user's manual from cover to cover with the camera close at hand - rinse, read again, rinse, read again, rinse, read again, keep handy for ready reference.

2. For some of the digital photography basics visit the tutorials at- Digital Photography Tutorials

There are a lot of forums. Please read all the forum descriptions and note the major section divisions to get the lay-of-the-land.

Welcome to TPF.

I'm not particularly fond of your wheat beers, but the waffles are awesome.

Don't let smart a$$ responses turn you away. :biggrin:

I love wheat beers! By me a wheat beer and I'll tell you anything you want to know about photography. I may even make stuff up to sound more interesting!

Welcome to TPF!

1 . Read the 1100D user's manual from cover to cover with the camera close at hand - rinse, read again, rinse, read again, rinse, read again, keep handy for ready reference.
And then read a lot about the composition. It will be not in the manual, but I am pretty sure in your local library you will find a lot books about it.
Welcome to TPF !!.

welcome5_smilie.gif

MiniMoose said:
Hi people, I'm new to this forum and hoping to get some help.... My English isn't great since I'm from Belgium...
The main thing is, I'm really interested in photography.... I have just bought a Canon EOS 1100D and am trying to take nice pictures with it...
I need to learn a lot and hope you can help me take great pics with it...
This is the first time ever I have visited a forum and am curious to get to know how everything works...
Hope to get to know some of you soon....

Google or get books on the exposure triangle, composition, and the rule of thirds. Others will tell you much more and I feel like I shouldn't due to my experience, but once you get more familiar with your camera settings and want accessories, I recommend a battery grip, spare batteries, tripod and/or monopod, and a cushioned camera strap (ok, you don't NEED one of those but I have a bad neck, plus it holds 2 of my SD cards :) )

I agree with Keith. Its the foremost task for a photographer to know his gear thoroughly. Read the manual, google some e books for photography basics and download them, post your queries here. Apart from it click a lot.

My English isn't great since I'm from Belgium...

Your english is a lot better than what has been demonstrated by some of the high school kids posting from the US and Canada. You use capitals where appropriate. You compose sentences. You use punctuation.

And by the way, welcome to the forum.

Your English is outstanding. I agree with everyone else about Belgian Beer. Stella Artois is my favorite Belgian company. Eddie Merckx is my favorite Belgian legendary athlete.

I actually like Jupiler better than any other kind of beer... :)

I'm absolutely new at this mad am wondering how to upload a picture...

Thx for the help...

Most reactions

Back